Friday, October 14, 2005

I am a Man with a Partridge Family Outlook and a AC/DC lifestyle:

The Fam

Thought for the Day:
I envy people who drink. At least they have something to blame everything on.
Oscar Levant

A very Brief Re-Cap of the people and events that make up No-Love-Thursday:
why everyone is getting a russian bride
The meeting was attended by, M. Chamberlain News Paper Man, who it turns out is coming out soon with a book on the jokes of the late master of stand-up comedy, Mr. Nipsey Russell. M. Chamberlain, stood in for Flavia Puff, who called in sick (later we were to find out that the real reason she called in was that she went binge-drinking with Dick Chaney’s Chief of Staff and was currently seeking treatment at a private clinic somewhere in Baltimore).

Also present were myself and the beautiful Mrs. JQP, Sky-Captain, Double N, Pete the Fireman, The Irish Giant, and a new member Baba Ghannuj Girl (and yes, I am using the Lebanese spelling). We had a few no-call, no-shows, Pastor Bob is currently recovering from radiation burns, thusly he was not able to attend (Note to Pastor Bob, don’t worry my home owners will cover it) and we gave a pass to Tiny, since he was hitting on a chic who works at the bank.

It all in all was a normal meeting, full of fast paced conversation, hard drinking and over all good will. Who the hell am I kidding, at one point I thought Baba Ghannuj Girl (BGG) was going to carve out my eyes with a soup spoon.

Sky-Capt. regaled us with his most recent exploits in the air, it seems he has a contract job, flying C-130 transport planes full of lab-animals (cute little shaved kittens in tiny cages) from Ely Lilly’s headquarters in Indianapolis to a remote island off the coast of Belize. Somehow the administration of our governor Mitch Daniels is involved, but I don’t recall the connection now.

All in all it was a long and enjoyable evening, made even more so by the fact that I am hang-over free this fine morning.

On today and the weekend at large:
Today I have a big deal meeting at 12, so I need to get my head in the game. This weekend I am teaching at a local college from 8 till noon and then watching God’s team kick the ass of the overrated USC squad. Other than that my flower and I have no plans, other than a much needed trip to the grocery store to restock the bunker with beef jerky and distilled water.


Your Recipe for the Week:
JQP's Sausage Peach Balls
1 lb. pork sausage
2 tbsp. minced onion
2 cups soft bread crumbs, crackers, or my favorite potato chips
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 tbl. Spoon of steak sauce
1 egg, beaten
8 canned peach halves
24 cloves
peach syrup

Heat oven to 350° (moderate). Combine sausage, onion, bread crumbs, seasonings, and egg. Form into 8 balls. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, in shallow baking dish. Stick 3 cloves around edge of each peach half, place sausage ball in center. Bake 45 min. Drain off fat and pour on heated syrup, drained from peaches. Makes 4 servings

Your Moment of Zen:
CHURCH ass
(lifted from Eye)

Your Drinks for the Weekend:

tray guy

Each of these drinks was taste tested by our team of crack barflys at last nights meeting of NLT. From our lips to yours, enjoy…


JQP’s Kim Chee Bloody Mary
Drink Ingredients:
2 oz. Vodka
dash Lemon Juice
4 drops Asian Hot Pepper Sauce
dash Celery Salt
dash Wasabi Horseradish
2 drops Worchestershire sauce
dash Pepper
Wedge Celery Stick
Fill with Kim Chee juice (the runny stuff in the jar) and Spicy V-8 if you don’t have enough.

Instruction:
Stir in highball glass, add a celery stalk, fish head or lime wedge.


The Thistle Cocktail
Drink Ingredients:
2 dashes Bitters
1 1/2 oz. Sweet Vermouth
1 1/2 oz. Scotch

Instruction:
Stir all ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve. Best enjoyed while wearing a kilt with a blue ribbon tied around your penis, if however you do not have a penis, it is strongly suggested you acquire one in order to enjoy the full benefits of this little wonder.

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 81
Or I shall live your epitaph to make,
Or you survive when I in earth am rotten;
From hence your memory death cannot take,
Although in me each part will be forgotten.
Your name from hence immortal life shall have,
Though I, once gone, to all the world must die:
The earth can yield me but a common grave,
When you entombed in men's eyes shall lie.
Your monument shall be my gentle verse,
Which eyes not yet created shall o'er-read,
And tongues to be your being shall rehearse
When all the breathers of this world are dead;
You still shall live--such virtue hath my pen--
Where breath most breathes, even in the mouths of men.

Quote for the Day:
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. Ernest Hemingway

I remain; just as scarring as that time you walked in on your parents having sex:

JQP esq.