Friday, June 24, 2005

Help me, I have fallen and I cant get up:

Thought for the Day:
It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
Abraham Lincoln 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Dali
I would like to start off today’s posting with giving thanks to the Dali Lamma for the inspiration he has given me. Dali, you my bitch!

The night that was/the day that is/the weekend that will be:
I spent the night picking up charitable contributions from area crack houses, after attending No-Love-Thursday, I rounded out the night with at a seedy strip club that’s chief claim to fame is that it has in its employ a midget or Little Person as they prefer to be called and yes I slow down for traffic accidents.

Today I am hard at work, saving the world as we know it. Tonight I am off to Greekfest, for lamb, song and hairy women. Saturday, I am working on the house in the early hours, skydiving (what, afraid I might fuck-up my knee and need surgery?) with friends in the afternoon and later that evening attending Spicefest (yes, we even have a festival for pepper and nutmeg). Sunday, I am reading at Mass (btw: soon I will be able to get communion for shut-in’s) and Monday and Tuesday, the state reviewers are in, worry not children they will be dazzled by my charm.

Health Matters:
Ok kids, I am in the count down phase, next Wednesday I go under the knife. So, don’t look for JQP for a few days. I can not tell you how much I am not looking forward to this turn of events, but such is the price for a life well lived. I would like to give special thanks to Indy-Girl who out the goodness of her heart has volunteered to come to the hospital and give me sponge baths. I am freaked out about having a dead guy’s knee (however, he was from TX, so perhaps it will want to vote Republican) the month of bed rest and the being on crutches till Oct. Gee, can’t see why I am not looking forward to the event of a lifetime here. Mrs. JQP is interviewing home health aids, so if any of you would like to apply, just let me know. I plan to do some reposts for you reading enjoyment, so if you have a favorite let me know.

Your Recipe for the Weekend “Oysters Indiana”:

Really turn heads at the neighborhood carry-in with this dish! A favorite hot or cold!

2 pounds fresh testicles (cow or pig).

1 cup white bleached flower

1/4 cup cornmeal

1 cup cheap red wine (Kosher for Passover)

Three tbl spoons of salt

6 tbl spoons of course black pepper

2 tbl spoons of garlic powder

2 tbl spoons of Allspice

1/3 cup of brown sugar

Tabasco to taste

6 beers

Fry Daddy or 1 inch cooking oil in a cast iron skillet

Oysters Indiana

First drink the beers, trust me you will need them.

With a very sharp knife, split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each "oyster". Remove the skin. Set the "oysters" into a pan with enough salt water to cover them for one hour (this takes out some of the blood). Drain.

Transfer "oysters" to large pot. Add enough water to float "oysters" and a generous tablespoon of vinegar. Parboil, drain, and rinse. Let cool and slice each "oyster" into 1/4" thick ovals. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of sliced "oyster" to taste.

Mix flour, cornmeal and spices to taste in a bowl. Roll each "oyster" slice into this dry mixture. Dip into milk. Dip into dry mixture. Dip into wine quickly (you may repeat the procedure if a thicker crust is desired). Place each "oyster" into hot cooking oil.

Add hot sauce to cooking oil (to taste). Cook until golden brown or tender, and remove with a slotted spoon or wire strainer. (Careful the longer they cook, the tougher they will become)

Drain and serve on paper plates.

Your Songs for the Weekend:
Poor Boy Blues - Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler
Wild Side of Life - Hank Thompson
I'm Blue Again - Patsy Cline
Dede Priscilla - Lea Lignanzi
Caballo Viejo - Robert Torres
Beale Street Mama - Cab Calloway
Emabhaceni - Miriam Makeba

Your Bill for the Day:
SONNET 103
Alack, what poverty my Muse brings forth,
That having such a scope to show her pride,
The argument all bare is of more worth
Than when it hath my added praise beside!
O, blame me not, if I no more can write!
Look in your glass, and there appears a face
That over-goes my blunt invention quite,
Dulling my lines and doing me disgrace.
Were it not sinful then, striving to mend,
To mar the subject that before was well?
For to no other pass my verses tend
Than of your graces and your gifts to tell;
And more, much more, than in my verse can sit
Your own glass shows you when you look in it.

Quote of the Day:
It is much easier to try one's hand at many things than to concentrate one's powers on one thing. Quintilian, Roman rhetorician

Peeing on toliet seats, I remain:

JQP esq.