Tuesday, May 10, 2005

She had mouth full of spit and gravel in her eye, when I asked; "Sr Mary, what are you doing with that knife?"

Thought for the Day:
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
Mark Twain US humorist, novelist, short story author, & wit (1835 - 1910)

(that goes out to all the hard working nazis, those masters of busting my balls, those good folks at USA Group Student Loans, if the rest of this great land worked with the single minded effort you do, this nation would never have to worry again.)

The Day Ahead:
Well, I am in court off and on most of the day today. So perhaps, just perhaps there is a chance for me to sneak out of work early and/or take a long lunch. I seem to be suffering from a bad case of the “I really don’t wanta be here todays”. It nice out and there is a shit load of things I need to get done to the manor house before I go under the knife next week and am hobbled for the not only the rest of the summer but well into next falls rugby season.

On my flowers surprise Birthday Party:
Since many of you have asked, no this is not planed as a kinky sex drug fest (that was two weeks ago, sorry if you missed it). But then again, the best parties are the ones that are not planned as such. Keep in mind however that nothing “wild” will happen until the elderly, family members and employers leave, if even then.

On Cooking:
I didn’t get home till about 7:00 last night, I got caught up in a fast and furious game of chess with a colleague across the street at my favorite bar. After two games and as many beers I called it quits. My sweet and ever so pretty wife had called and said supper was done.

Now its not well known but my tiny flower is not much of a cook. That and we really have not been to the store in about two months. There was little in the cupboards to prepare, yes, dear reader my body shook with fear as I anticipated a meal that I would have to smile through.

She made some kind of box potato mix with cream cheese, red pepers and two pounds of smoked sausage. Odd, yes but odd in so much in that it was tasty. However the downside was the heart burn I woke with this morning. Good job my princess!

Before I left for work this morning I started a beef roast that I am BBQ’ing, slow roasted goodness Low Country style. In my special secret South Carolina sauce. Yes, dear friends, tonight when I get home it going to be cow eaten at its finest.

Da' Meeting Yesterday:
Odd how life can turn on a dime. Yesterday, I was in a planning meeting in which my co-workers said how important my program was to the agency and its mission and what a great job I am doing etc….

Ok, I don’t know about everyone else, but I was scared, I mean, come on, this group of people saying nice things? It must mean, I am up for budget cuts, you know your only paranoid if they really are not out to get you.

Your Bill for the Day:
“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

See what happens if you happen to hook a mermaid with diarrhea?
the joy of the great outdoors

Quote for the Day:
Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit. W. Somerset Maugham English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)

Much like a Toll Booth Attendant on the New Jersey Turnpike, I remain, bitter:

JQP esq.