Monday, May 09, 2005

I have "Sunshine" on a cloudy day:

sunny butt

Thought for the Day:
There are some defeats more triumphant than victories.
Michel de Montaigne
French essayist (1533 - 1592)

For my Flowers Birthday:
I have planed a surprise birthday part for the sweet and loving Mrs. JQP. It has always been a hit in years past. If you didn’t receive an invite please consider this your humble invitation and/or drop me an e-mail if you really want to come:

The Invite:

Mrs. John Q. Public’s Suprise Birthday Party
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S. Thompson US journalist (1939 - 2005)

Yes, Dear friends it’s once again time for “My Flowers Annual Surprise Birthday Party.” This year the party will be held on May 14th two-thousand and five, year of our Lord. Starting at 6:00 pm.

Keeping in the spirit that is my loving wife, the search committee selected an establishment that: A) was not our home (our homeowners rate went up after all the claims last year) and B) someplace we could play without scaring the locals. After careful consideration a fine dinning establishment was chosen to host this year’s event. This event will be held at a roadhouse on the far south side of our fair city.

While enjoying full bar service (cash or checks only, no credit cards and/or ATMs are available) you and a guest will be able to sample the finest in Macedonian, Greek, and White Trash cuisine available in that neighborhood, all while basking in a tap-house like atmosphere on the bad side of town.

XXXXXXXX Inn
6811 XXX XXXXXX Road
XXXXX, Indiana
XXXXX
(260) XXX-XXXX

Business casual and full frontal nudity are welcome, we are after all among friends and if not friends just other freaks we have not meet yet. While cash is always welcome, gifts are not necessary; you and your guests’ presence will be more than enough.

However it should be noted that we ask that you bring along an open mind and a wiliness to experience new things, for this will truly be a night to remember (a disclaimer should be added at this point; much like the great city of Las Vegas, what happens at the roadhouse stays at the road house, or at the very least until the statue of limitations has expired). For more information (questions, comments, concerns) and/or to reserve your spot on what very well could be the social event of the season please feel free to contact your host:

JQP esq. at (260) XXX-XXXX


***please note this will not be a child friendly event and it also has the tendency to be a movable feast, a bail bondsman will be on call for the duration.
The Guests:
However this year I committed one slight error, I e-mailed the invite to my sweet and loving bride. Needless to say, she was astute enough to discern that a party was in the works. No surprise there, that and she reminded me that I have thrown her a “surprise birthday party” every year for the past 10 years.

For all you photographers out there it should be a great opportunity to celebrity watch:
freakswithcamera

It should be a fun mix of people, to include, people from the music industry, the fields of education and social services, trade unions, family members, nudists, truck drivers,pagans members of the clergy, various camp followers, convicts, performers of erotic dance and the legal, law enforcement and fire services communities.

On the Derby:
Well the derby sucked, I didn’t win, but then again nether did anyone else. I was up going into the race by about a 100 bucks which is not bad given that I started out with 20.00. Needless to say, I lost my ass. Somehow the mint juleps helped me in my woeful defeat.

The Road:
I am only on the road two days this week, so it will be a welcome break. I will try to post with a bit more regularity (that sounded like I just took some Ex-Lax, perhaps I should, I just got told by a colleague that I am full of shit).

On Weddings:
This Friday we are going to attend a wedding of a mutual friend who is in the employ of the corners office, yes the wedding is on Friday the 13th. Talk about a good warm up for Mrs. JQP’s birthday party on Saturday. I can’t wait to see the type of conversations that will abound when we hit the reception.

On Burial:
Well, we got my grandfathers ashes back last week. So, I was asked to put a short service for the family. So, I have to write something up for that. I am thinking a few quote and a few prayers followed by anyone who wants to say something before we put him in the family crypt with grandma.

Todays Bill:
SONNET 1
FROM fairest creatures we desire increase,
That thereby beauty's rose might never die,
But as the riper should by time decease,
His tender heir might bear his memory:
But thou, contracted to thine own bright eyes,
Feed'st thy light'st flame with self-substantial fuel,
Making a famine where abundance lies,
Thyself thy foe, to thy sweet self too cruel.
Thou that art now the world's fresh ornament
And only herald to the gaudy spring,
Within thine own bud buriest thy content
And, tender churl, makest waste in niggarding.
Pity the world, or else this glutton be,
To eat the world's due, by the grave and thee.

Quote for the Day:
Never advise anyone to go to war or to marry.
Spanish Proverb

I remain, snapping back wash after wash:

JQP esq.