Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"All I had was three rounds, a rusty K-Bar, a used condom and a Zippo lighter, as I faced 10,000 screaming chinamen’..."

"...well what the hell more do you need?"


Thought for the Day:
You cannot acquire experience by making experiments. You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.
Albert Camus French existentialist author & philosopher (1913 - 1960)

IT professionals and Clear communication:
I got into a fight with Pastor Bob yesterday, who moonlights here at my place of employment when he is not out saving the souls of strippers and street prostitutes. It seems my data has been corrupted, to which point, while asking him ways to fix it he replied in several flippant manners that, quite honestly made me start plotting about how many steps that it would take me to block the door before I started torturing him with a sewing kit, vice grips and an acetylene torch I keep in my desk just for that very event.

Needless to say, I was a bit more than pissed, I have not been that mad at him since we got into a fight in front of Indians Stadium in 1994, a fight of which ended up in the middle of a four lane Interstate.

I had things I wanted to do at home, instead I went and took a nap to clear my head and prepare for my loving wife’s return to the manor house. We had agreed to have a family meeting after supper.

On Supper:
Mrs. JQP stoped by Sam’s Club on the way home, so now our home looks more like a well stocked fallout shelter, after putting away an assortment of Raman Noodles and dehydrated things, I served her a meal that would have been the delight of any Southern Belle.

It was an oddly quiet supper hour with my bride; the BBQ’ed beef roast was wonderful. With cornbread I made Sunday, fried okra and green beans.

On a Personal Note:
Things are afoot and the goddess runs amuck, flowers are growing and has is the motto for the week, life changes on a dime. My sweet and kind wife and I had a rather surprising evening, one that has left us once again slack jawed, but in a good way. So, I dragged myself to work, after a night of unrest and thoughts running like steam locomotive through my head. What wondrous things await.

The Day at Hand:
I am once again on the road today and Thursday, I travel to the northern part of the state to conduct a day long training for members of the law enforcement community.


Todays Bill:
SONNET 80
O, how I faint when I of you do write,
Knowing a better spirit doth use your name,
And in the praise thereof spends all his might,
To make me tongue-tied, speaking of your fame!
But since your worth, wide as the ocean is,
The humble as the proudest sail doth bear,
My saucy bark inferior far to his
On your broad main doth wilfully appear.
Your shallowest help will hold me up afloat,
Whilst he upon your soundless deep doth ride;
Or being wreck'd, I am a worthless boat,
He of tall building and of goodly pride:
Then if he thrive and I be cast away,
The worst was this; my love was my decay.

Quote for the Day:
Children might or might not be a blessing, but to create them and then fail them was surely damnation.
Lois McMaster Bujold, "Barrayar", 1991 US science fiction author

Trimming the hair from my genitals with a lit match, I remain:

JQP esq.