Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Granted a late Weekend Review:

Thought for the Day:
When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.
Martin Luther King Jr. US black civil rights leader & clergyman (1929 - 1968)

Well, since I was asked my weekend was no more odd than usual.

Friday:
Since my loving wife was once again a slave to the machine of popular opinion she had to work a gig on Sat. So rule-out plans to dash off to Memphis, they were for naught. She suggested I go alone but when I reminded her of the last time I went far and wide with the Memphis crowd (J. Thom being the ringleader) and the arrest record we had to get expunged. I am still misty eyed about not getting my Gus’s Fried Chicken but there is always next month, that and my god-daughter has a birthday coming up.

When I got back to this great city of Three Rivers from my fun filled day with "My Man Mitch" and his hand picked junta, (My God, Murphy, how do you not slit your wrists, these people have no clue, nor do they want one).

My cell phone rang, it was some dear friends who work in the service of the Federal Government and they we in town to do a training on Saturday, their party was reinforced by several members of our local law enforcement community, (see, guys I told you I wouldn’t use your names) and they were enjoying a few cocktails at one of those establishments over between the truck stop and the interstate. Gladly I stopped by, for only a few moments (two hours and three laps dances) but all in all, it was a very rewarding visit with my old chums.

I like the way these people think, scary but over all very entertaining.

I made my exit and then met the Sweet and Loving Mrs. John Q, Public at my favorite bar (a few Bombay Sapphire and Tonics, tall dbl lime, and Absolute and Tonics, one lime, one lemon, tall, for my bride) to celebrate her going on tour with yet another “Boy-Band” this time one with a country theme, so she will be hanging out with someone named Vince (who for a change is not of Italian descent).

Word of advice, look-out Nashville, mamma will be rolling into your town next week, with guns a blazing. Or has she likes to put it these days “Boots and Saddles, lets Cowboy-Up!” Yes, dear reader, such is the joy of my life.

We then left and I went home and made shrimp with a curry-mango sauce and a tomato salad. Very tasty if I do say so myself, then of to bed all by 11:00pm.

Saturday:
Was the day, my pretty flower had to cover a work commitment (thus the reason for the nixed road trip) so I had the day to myself. I woke early as is my custom and had breakfast at a local greasy-spoon (steak-rare, two eggs over easy, black bread toast, and a large tomato juice) on the unfashionable side of town. I then did some shopping at three butcher shops and returned home to once again start work on the up-stairs bath, after nine trips to various hardware & big box stores, I said fuck-it and took a shower and a had a nap.

At 7:00pm we were invited to Pastor Bob’s brother-in-laws thirtieth birthday, once again held at my favorite bar. Our party included, Pastor and Mrs. Pastor Bob, The Prince of Car Sales (the birthday boy) his wife the Painless Dentist (yes, she is a dentist) her brother and his girl friend and their cousin and spouse (not our normal crowd).

Dear friends, the drinking began, and oddly it was not me doing it, after dinner (both my sweet and kind wife and I had the steak) the group decided that no one was allowed to have the same drink more than once, it seems the theme of the evening was to have our stomachs as well represented has the United Nations General Assembly.

Thankfully, the drink took quick effect and I was able to bow out after entertaining representatives of Mexico, Germany, Russia, and Sweden. They however continued on their quest for racial and cultural unity. We then left for what would turn into a four bar tour of the of this great city. Thankfully, I had the presence of mind to drive the church bus. The only problem was when Pastor Bob and I got into a heated discussion about short cuts and we accidentally ended up in another state (my foul, coach). Around 4:00 AM, we called it a night…

Sunday:
I had the early Mass, so off I went looking and feeling my best. The words of my grandmother echoing in my head “I don’t care what the hell you did last night, this morning you’re going to go give an hour to Jesus”, wisely I left my intrepid and vomiting wife at home.

Upon my return to the manor I started working on the up-stairs bath yet again, but got a sudden stop work order from the powers that be, due to the fact the tearing down a wall, does not foster a restful sleep for a music promoter of her caliber.

I then went to visit my family and returned home after I nice dinner, to find my wife still in repose, it seems she felt the need to take some of her “head-ache” medicine. I then spent the rest of the evening watching to Military Channel, the BBC and ESPN, I joined her in the Master Suite at around 11:00 PM.

Summary:
All in all a fairly normal weekend and Dobbs no visits to the hospital this time around, spring must be in the air.

On Indiana News:
The state house has decided to chime in with great moral authority on the subject of same sex marriage.

Ok, here is my take, if you don’t want to marry someone of the same sex, don’t. If you don’t want to go to a gay marriage, don’t. You don’t even have to send a card, or buy a fondue pot. If your church doesn’t allow gay marriages, keep on going if you’re that against it (mine frowns on gay marriage, but for some reason is still struggling with the issue of pedophilia).

Hell, I have been to a few gay commitment ceremonies, I love shopping for them if its two guys, it is fun to go buy sporting goods and/or power tools, one thing I have learned is that guys are guys, gay or strait. Mrs. JQP my sweet and giving wife, echoes the same thoughts about female commitment ceremonies, that and fuck brothers and sisters the catering is always kicks ass.

Todays Bill:
Why then tonight let us assay our plot."
From All's Well That Ends Well (III, vii, 43-44)

Quote of the Day:
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.
Edgar Allan Poe US short story author, editor, & poet (1809 - 1849)

Back to Finding ways to open my own Bar in Coastal Nicaragua, I remain:

JQP esq.