Thursday, February 17, 2005

Youth and the Public Man or Why I want to Quit Today:


While being a quitter is not something that people often attribute to me, there are however some things that I would like to quit. The list might include: Heroin, Nude Sky-Diving, Street Fighting and Auto-Asphyxiation.

Granted all of these things are F-U-N!, but there comes a time in every man's life when you realize that they might not be “what’s best for you”. To this list dear reader today I add being a guest speaker in a Middle-School, as a good friend of mine who happens to be an educator said to me not long ago “Middle School sucks even if they pay you to be there”.

Yes, friends, that is where I spent my morning, talking to a gym full of 600 children pumped so full of hormones and food additives (you should see the size of these kids, we didn’t look anything like that when we were 13) that and the fact that they were in close proximity to each other caused them to at once begin acting like a half staved pigmy tribe feasting upon intestinal worms. Yes, such is the never ending joy of my life.

You see dear reader, they tend to grow-up...

All my best, again and again (say my name, damnit), I remain;

JQP M. Ed, PhD.