Thursday, January 27, 2005

Gypsies in the Mirror

Thought for the Day:
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. -- Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.

Your Bar Trick for the Week:
The “It’s Magic, Baby” trick, by request:
Take 2 small shot glasses and fill one 1/2 way with Kahlua and the other 1/2 way with milk. Ask a guest to put the contents of one glass into the other and vice versa without pouring any out ( or putting one in their mouth), they may however use their drivers license.

Here's how its done: Place the license over the top of the Kahlua and turn upside down and on the milk without spilling and then remove slightly to allow the milk to gradually fill the Kahlua glass. The Kahlua is heavier and will sink to the bottom allowing you to carefully pour the milk into the other glass.
(This is very easy to do)

Your Drinks of the Week:

The Pamplona Trot

Ingredients:
2 1/4 oz. Tequila
3/4 oz. Kahlua
3/4 oz. Capt. Morgan’s Spiced Rum
Fill with “Red Bull”
(To make a Pamplona Walk add Cream, serve chilled in a pint glass)

The Rainbow-Bright Colon Cleaner and Weight Loss Cocktail:

(This is a Re-Post from earlier in the week, R-B and S-S swear by them, but alas…I don’t have balls enough to try one.)
Juice of three fresh squeezed lemons
4 tea spoons of cayenne pepper
3 table spoons of natural maple syrup
2 tea spoons of Tabasco (Texas Pete’s can substituted)
8 oz. of Sky Vodka
(Serve in a pint glass and make sure you have unobstructed access to a restroom, this will take off 15 pounds in two weeks if you have seven of these little wonders a day)

On What I am Reading:
Currently I am into Kinky Freedman, the man tells some funny shit. Tuesday I finished my third book on the Boar War so far this winter, not the most exciting read, but better than my last interest involving the Crimean War. As for work related reading, I am really into two new books on PTSD and treatment/intervention for victims of trauma (sadly, a growth industry these days). My wife, the kind and attentive Mrs. John Q. Public announced over breakfast (steak and two eggs over-easy, wheat toast, black coffee) that she was in a grudge-match with a book given to her by the wife of Pastor Bob that deals with a hermaphrodite. Next week, I plan to re-read some of the works of HST, Emerson made me think to much, time for a little brain candy.

On Related Subjects:
Here is a clip from the worst short story I have read so far this week, but that made me stop and think is:

“Watch her!” she admonished. I raised my eyes to the black Virgin, and saw that the statue was where my soul—and Mona’s—had gone. Her eyes, like Mona’s, were the color of milk, and flowed with thick tears of semen. I thrust my hips forward, pinning Mona’s head against the stone, and came until the Virgin’s eyes were dry and burned like molten gold. When the echo of my howl had died out, I heard urgent shouts and footfalls from outside the grotto, and I left the sanctuary of Mona’s mouth with the sting of shame in my groin and my solar plexus.

We were busted, me with my pants around my knees and Mona with my cum on her face. Busted by her two companions, a security guard, and Sister Beatrice. I was no Catholic, not even a very good Presbyterian, but with the hallucinogen coursing through my veins and the nun’s fleshy face twisted up with indignation, I’d have sooner died then and there than face the judgment I knew lay ahead. It wasn’t that we had done it, it was where we had done it.

On Sports:
This weekend is the annual Old Boy’s Rugby Ice Bowl and Carry-In Dinner (Mrs JQP thinks that it should be skiped this year). So, I might be on chruches next week. I get talked in stuff way to easy. The Super Bowl, Pats by 14. (40.00 on this one).

On what I am listening to:
Qkumba Zoo-The Perfect Vacation, Bajofondo Tango Club-White Russian, and The Best of the Texas Play Boys (The Road Years) and an old CD from college of DCD. I am just getting over a Beatles period that I seem to slip into after every holiday season. I am lucky that the life-style my wife has, allows for a lot of free CDs.

On Health:
I am still feeling better, not a 110% but getting there. I started running and fuck I am one out of shape mother. I am doing a lot of stuff to get my knee as good as it can be. The Mrs. And I are going to the Y next week, she sucked up and got us free full memberships (perks). The MDs said it will probably be a month before I am over this latest range of illnesses, but at least I am on track.

On the Road:
Well, I am not going to the “Guys Golf Outing in South Africa”, I got all the info, and shit, to much $ for my taste, I could do two cooking trips to Italy for the price of one golf outing, then there is the small fact that I don’t golf.

We are still planning the three cpls. trip to the “Big Easy”, food, booze and wild “hear no evil, see no evil, tell no evil” times. I am over due, for some good ol’ blow off steam fun. Mrs. JQP wants to go to Savannah for St. Paddy’s Day, but I don’t know if with work I can swing it, however her rich uncle said we can stay on his boat if we go down.

After that it’s the KY Derby, and my personal favorite summertime drink Mint Juleps, with the GA and SC crowd. Lets hope my lil’ risk taker doesn’t blow a grand on the ponies again this year. We are heading to Memphis in a few weeks, kind of a get away weekend, for BBQ, beer, Blues and visiting family. On the family front, still trips to plan back to the beach and down to Fla.

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 5
Those hours, that with gentle work did frame
The lovely gaze where every eye doth dwell,
Will play the tyrants to the very same
And that unfair which fairly doth excel:
For never-resting time leads summer on
To hideous winter and confounds him there;
Sap cheque'd with frost and lusty leaves quite gone,
Beauty o'ersnow'd and bareness every where:
Then, were not summer's distillation left,
A liquid prisoner pent in walls of glass,
Beauty's effect with beauty were bereft,
Nor it nor no remembrance what it was:
But flowers distill'd though they with winter meet,
Leese but their show; their substance still lives sweet.
(yes, I am more than ready for winter to be over)

Quote of the Day:
It is pleasant at times to play the madman.
Seneca, Roman dramatist, philosopher, & politician (5 BC - 65 AD)
(and play I do, dear reader, play I do)

Living Life in the Fast Lane and Not Looking Back, I remain;

JQP PhD