Monday, January 17, 2005

Short and to the Point:

Thought for the Day:
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. Douglas Adams

Last night:
Ok, it was stupid but I went out and had a good-bye drink with my friend and colleague Tattoo John (I did have adult supervision, the Protective and concerned Mrs. John Q. Public drove). Granted I was only out for an hour and that was more than enough. It was good to see him before he left; it’s hard telling when he will be back this way. I do have to give him props, he always manages to end up somewhere warm when its cold as hell here, this time Hawaii, safe journeys, fellow traveler, safe journeys.

On MLK Day:
In these times it’s nice to be able to look to someone as a hero. One man who did great things because he knew it was the right thing and was willing to pay the price. My respect to you this day.

8 Days at home:
Yet another day off, I am feeling better, not a 100% yet more like 75%. Still feel like my lungs are full of spackle but heading the right direction. I hope there is a vast improvement between now and tomorrow morning, I have to hit the ground running.

Your Bill for the Day:
Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love. William Shakespeare

Quote for the Day:
Footfalls echo in the memory, down the passage which we did not take, towards the door we never opened into the rose-garden. T. S. Eliot

I remain,

JQP