Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Back in the Saddle:

Thought for the Day:
If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have paradise in a few years.
Bertrand Russell, English author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

All in our places with bright smiling faces:
Well, its 7:30 and I have been at work two hours, you know what I say, “in before the boss out after” keeps them off my ass. My God, I have gotten a lot of shit done just wading through piles.
My staff has true to my suspicions taken my absence as a perfect time to fuck-off. No sweat, I planed for that, hell, I was once a wage-slave and a lazy one at that, which is way I am always one step ahead of them, you dont get to be top dog by rolling over, dear reader. Gladly no nasty grams in my box or in the mail from the Borg, but the day is still young, very young.

On Condi:
Ok, I don’t know if anyone else caught the senate hearings yesterday on Ms. Rice, but I loved when she got pissed and said, “do not question my integrity”. Fuck asking her to define integrity would be like asking my President to define a sexual act. Screw her, I hope she remembers that the "I was just following orders" defense didn’t work for the Nazi’s at Nuremburg. Ask not for whom the bell tolls…

On health:
After the two shots and all new meds yesterday, I am feeling better for the first time in a damn long time. I am holding my breath, but I think I turned the corner on this damn being sick shit. Good to, because the next step was me going down to Indy to the Med-Center, to have want-a-be doctors poke and run ($) more tests. Piss on that, health, dear friend health, you are nothing without your health.

Up-sides, well I did want to lose some weight, to my total loss for 3 weeks is….16 pounds. Yeap, bring on swim-suit season, shave my back, put me in Speedo’s and I am a sex-god. My drinking is such, that I would now classify myself as a designated driver (Magic Eight-Ball says: this is subject to change). However, I am broke as shit, both the sweet and kind Mrs. John Q. Public and I have been busting or asses to eat up that deductible early this year ergo we are tight.

Today:
Reports and grants, grants and reports. Catch-up big time.

Weekend Plans:
Friday night, Lord willing, we are going out to dinner at a little road-house I know, with Major and Mrs Steve. The protective and concerned Mrs. JQP expressed some reticence about this, because Maj. Steve, always says, come back in, we can set you up with your own command etc… But, its going to be good, to see and old friend and get the skinny on what’s really going on. But, like with all things, it’s subject to change.

Your Bill for the Day:
SONNET 145
Those lips that Love's own hand did make
Breathed forth the sound that said 'I hate'
To me that languish'd for her sake;
But when she saw my woeful state,
Straight in her heart did mercy come,
Chiding that tongue that ever sweet
Was used in giving gentle doom,
And taught it thus anew to greet:
'I hate' she alter'd with an end,
That follow'd it as gentle day
Doth follow night, who like a fiend
From heaven to hell is flown away;
'I hate' from hate away she threw,
And saved my life, saying 'not you.'

Quote of the Day:
Mortal lovers must not try to remain at the first step; for lasting passion is the dream of a harlot and from it we wake in despair.
C. S. Lewis, 'The Pilgrim's Regress' English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Back to the grind-stone of service to humanity; I remain,

JQP esq.