Friday, January 21, 2005

Hard candy and Soft Liquor:

Thought for the Day:
I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education.
Wilson Mizner, US screenwriter (1876 - 1933)

On the open warfare of Target sales:
There are few things more violent than a Target Store's going out of business sale. I went thinking I might grab a few things from sporting goods (hell the ad said 70% off). God-damn, I about got into a shoving match with a lady who grabbed stuff out of my cart while I was pricing tents. Yes, grabbed it out of my cart.

“Well, you got the last one she said” Like what the fuck, yes, I grabbed the last set of jumper cables, me, myself, as in not you, that’s why it’s the last one and that’s why it was in my cart. Put it back now, I might add she was there with two kids both under the age of six of seven, she then called me a mother-fucker and said she was going to get the store manager.

Which she did, loudly, very loudly. The manager was a nice lady, who had obviously had a shitty day, she tried to explain to the lady that just because it was the last item doesn’t mean you can grab it out of other peoples cart, because folks, she still wasn’t clear on that point.

The manager even offered to have someone go in the back and look for another set, NO! said the dear-soul, I want this mother-fucking set, at which point her three year old started chanting m-o-t-h-e-r-f-u-c-k-e-r, (yes, I was just waiting on her to hit the kid, for me that’s a “game-on”, but she didn’t, hell at one point I think she even joined in chanting it with him). Then it was the drop the bomb time, “I am going to call my boyfriend and my brothers and they are going to kick your asses” Now at this point the manger said “oh no you didn’t” Funny how when a manager is pissed off store security quickly appeared, followed my members of our local law enforcement community.

It was however at this point at the suggestion of the manager and a cop I know that I left, purchasing the jumper cables and a god-damn tent. So, Ha fucking Ha, I got the last set of Heavy-Duty jumper cables, bitch! Yes, they are mine, all mine and I got them for $3.00!

Mojo drawers:
Today, is the much over due clean the office day. I don’t know about you but I have a drawer in my desk that is a kind of a time capsule, or better yet, remember when you were a kid and you had a treasure box? Well, that’s what this drawer is. I am looking at it now and a quick inventory includes:

Pictures of me with various rock stars and bikini models and my dogs (hey baby, it’s the fast crowd I run with) Two packets of Walkers Short Bread given to me months and months ago, a glass bead, my grand-pa’s pocket knife (bet he is still looking for that), duck tape, a pirated copy of Fahrenheit 911, phone lists from the past three jobs, a book on “Bawdy, Shakespeare”, the Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand phone book, three coffee mugs given to me for Christmas by my employer with cocoa, and cookies still inside, about 400 tablets of post-it notes (yes, its me, I am the office hoarder of post-it notes, I just cant pass them by without grabbing some, it’s a sickness I know, sad but true), a pocket copy of Indiana Code for Law Enforcment, a collection of poets from the 19th Century, 5 Cat-in-the-Hat toys (I am a fan), a pin from a hand grenade, three bottles of different hot-sauces (damn, I always forget I have those when I eat at my desk, nine old cigars (all saying it’s a boy or it’s a girl) and a stuffed Goofy wearing a kilt and carrying bag-pipes. I wonder what this says about my personality, let alone my Mojo.

On being a key-note speaker at a prayer breakfast:
Ok, this morning I was the key note speaker at a Prayer Breakfast, yes…little old me, Mr. JQP esq. I was the key note speaker. It went very well thank-you, I was a bit nervous since its not my “normal” crowd, but I pulled it off, However I did get a little Southern Baptist on them, I think they called it being passionate about what I was talking about. Just wanted to share this because, every Catholic in town has been calling saying “LOL, I can’t believe you’re the Key-Note speaker”. Well, whether or not you like the messenger, the message is good. Point made, point taken and baby-doll, I rocked it out.

Pneumonia sucks:
It really screwed my part time job of singing Ava Maria at weddings and the Nation Anthem at hockey games; Thank God I can still fall back on the world of interpretive dance. Nuff said…

The Inauguration:
What can I say, the country is at war, country is broke, things are shitty, sounds like a hell of a time to throw the most expensive inauguration in history. People please keep in mind that a mandate is not 51% of the vote. I would of rather that my part of those tax dollars that went to pick up the cost of the champagne or the tuba player, would have been spent on body-armor for some soldier. But, as Rummy said, “we go to war with the army we have”.

On Last night:
The meeting went well, no big deal, I dazzled them. Its all smoke and mirrors dear reader, all smoke and mirrors. Step right up, watch and be amazed. I think it helped that I did a few folk dances to get everyone loosened up. In reality, the problem was not the program but how the goals of the program were communicated to the people. It was all pretty easy to clear up.

Today:
Court, court and then court, after this I think I am going to run home and get out of this monkey suit.

Plans for the Weekend:
Tonight, depending on the weather dinner with Major and Mrs. Steve. Starting with cocktails at my favorite watering hole and then down home Macedonian cooking at my most favored roadhouse (they love me there, they even sent me a get well card when I was sick, now that’s taking care of a customer).

On Saturday:
I predict will be spent digging myself out of this snow storm they are calling for tonight. This weekend I will be back to cooking, I got some great chicken breast at the meat market and have been wanting to make herb and sun dried tomato crusted chicken breasts. Nice night for reading and a fire in the fire place.

On Sunday:
Early Mass (I am reading). Then I think I will cook some more, also at the meat market I picked up some sirloins that are real thick, so I am going to stuff them with a shrimp white raisins, cashew mixture and serve them with a red wine sauce.

Why Clogging is My Life:
(I ran across this and wanted to share with the class.)

Clogging is an American folk dance that is similar to tap dancing. It is making rhythmic tapping sounds with the feet. Special shoes are used to emphasize the tapping sounds. These usually are soft leather shoes with hard soles and attached metal taps. Clogging is influenced by many of the European dance forms, as well as Canadian step dancing and break dancing. It is done to almost any kind of upbeat music. Country and traditional bluegrass music are the most popular, but cloggers today also dance to pop, rap, hip-hop, anything with a fast beat.

Clogging is becoming more and more popular. Today, workshops are held almost every weekend for cloggers, group directors, and anyone who loves to clog. Instructors from around the world teach their original clogging routines at these workshops. Clogging has become so popular that it has spread not only throughout the U.S. and Canada, but also to many countries in Europe, to Australia, and even to Japan!

Clogging is a great form of exercise as well. Here is a quick list of some of the health benefits in clogging:

helps coordination and gracefulness,
develops flexibility,
lowers blood pressure,
increases endurance and strength,
increases lung capacity,
relieves stress,
and is great for weight loss (burns around 400 calories per hour).
As you can see, clogging provides a great aerobic workout.

Many television dance shows spotlight clogging groups. The next time you tune in to watch one of these shows, look for a clogger! You never know when you might see someone clogging up a storm! Written and researched by Kelli Chesney
http://www.geocities.com/kloggirl/clogging/whatclog.html

(See my blog is educational, you learned all about the art of clogging today)

Your Bill for the Day:
"Nothing can come of nothing: speak again."
--From King Lear (I, i, 92)

Quote for the Day:
We must not say every mistake is a foolish one.
Cicero, Roman author, orator, & politician (106 BC - 43 BC)

As always; I remain standing defiant, (However, often Pimped)

JQP Rev Fr. (OSF)