Thursday, January 20, 2005

Random things for a Random Day:

Your Thought for the Day:
Eat a third and drink a third and leave the remaining third of your stomach empty. Then, when you get angry, there will be sufficient room for your rage.
Babylonian Talmud, tractate Gittin

The Day so far and the Day ahead:
Just wanted to share with you my voice mail this morning. This evening I have to get meet a large group of concerned citizens in a distant community. The people who asked me to come speak told me “now there are some hot heads who think they know everything and what’s best for everyone, who are going to be there” My job is to explain a program to a bunch of people who it seems have made their mind up about it.

Gee, no pressure, sounds like more fun than a barrel of shaved monkeys on Meth, tell me again why I didn’t ask for a honorarium? They did say that someone from the local Sheriffs Dept. will be there in case things get heated. Joy fucking joy, but then again this is what I get paid a buck fifty an hour to do, so piss on it, one for the team etc…file this one under the shit they never told you you would end up doing in grad school.

Your drink for the Week:
"Pastor Bob’s Punch"
Ingredients:
3/4 oz. Vodka
3/4 oz. Frangelico
3/4 oz. Baileys
1/2 oz. Galliano
Fill with Cream and Coke
(Pastor Bob swears that this goes down well and that it’s a favorite of his parishioners on those long church bus trips to Gospel Show Choir concerts in the mid-south, Try it over the weekend and let me know what you think, it's not one I am going to hit, I hate Galliano)

On Who is Hot:
I was asked who I read in the wide world of blogs:
Well, fasten your seat belt; here are my daily devotions to the democracy that is the World Wide Web.

http://secretexploits.com/
My first love in the world of blog, read of Murph’s adventures and abuse of alcohol

XXXXXXXX
She who doesn’t want any links to her blog

http://booleanwombat.blogspot.com/
He is a great man, read him you could learn something, that and we seem to see eye to eye on most everything.

http://popcorntree.blogspot.com/
This lady is funny as shit, always something to hold your attention

http://goodtimesforus.blogspot.com/
Now, I want to party with this crew!

http://lifelibertypursuit.blogs.com/life_liberty_and_pursuit_/
Another one of my first loves in Blogville USA, a fomer Buckeye party-girl now in AZ.

http://yuniesspace.blogspot.com/
Yunie is a sweetheart, not a lot going on, she is looking for a job and making some “lifestyle” changes

http://twistedramblings.blogspot.com/
You know I had to list my peeps, you go on with your bad self Twisted-Girl (and I know her, yes she is)

http://cmwgimmekiss.blogspot.com/2005/01/thoughts-for-day.html
And on my list of freaks! She is just starting out, but they are a poly-family and she is a sweet heart! should make for some good reading.

http://straightmute.blogspot.com/
a good read even if he is a Buckeye

http://yurdrunk.blogspot.com/
A group of people with great minds and strong livers

http://letaripper.blogspot.com/
A man writing about what it is to be a man, a husband and a father.

http://hanzoitami.blogspot.com/
Just got turned on to him from S-S, the boy has a way with words

This is a brief list, I am not going to list all the ones from BE, or my secret favorite ones… enjoy and expand your horizons.

Your poem for the Day:
Yes I know its long but a friend just turned me on to him, I have not had a lot of time to look into his works to deep but I read this one over lunch and loved it.

I. (Bread and Music)
MUSIC I heard with you was more than music,
And bread I broke with you was more than bread;
Now that I am without you, all is desolate;
All that was once so beautiful is dead.

Your hands once touched this table and this silver,
And I have seen your fingers hold this glass.
These things do not remember you, belovèd,
And yet your touch upon them will not pass.

For it was in my heart you moved among them,
And blessed them with your hands and with your eyes;
And in my heart they will remember always,--
They knew you once, O beautiful and wise.

II
My heart has become as hard as a city street,
The horses trample upon it, it sings like iron,
All day long and all night long they beat,
They ring like the hooves of time.

My heart has become as drab as a city park,
The grass is worn with the feet of shameless lovers,
A match is struck, there is kissing in the dark,
The moon comes, pale with sleep.

My heart is torn with the sound of raucous voices,
They shout from the slums, from the streets, from the crowded places,
And tunes from the hurdy-gurdy that coldly rejoices
Shoot arrows into my heart.

III
Dead Cleopatra lies in a crystal casket,
Wrapped and spiced by the cunningest of hands.
Around her neck they have put a golden necklace,
Her tatbebs, it is said, are worn with sands.

Dead Cleopatra was once revered in Egypt,
Warm-eyed she was, this princess of the South.
Now she is old and dry and faded,
With black bitumen they have sealed up her mouth.

O sweet clean earth, from whom the green blade cometh!
When we are dead, my best belovèd and I,
Close well above us, that we may rest forever,
Sending up grass and blossoms to the sky.

IV
In the noisy street,
Where the sifted sunlight yellows the pallid faces,
Sudden I close my eyes, and on my eyelids
Feel from the far-off sea a cool faint spray,--

A breath on my cheek,
From the tumbling breakers and foam, the hard sand shattered,
Gulls in the high wind whistling, flashing waters,
Smoke from the flashing waters blown on rocks;

--And I know once more,
O dearly belovèd! that all these seas are between us,
Tumult and madness, desolate save for the sea-gulls,
You on the farther shore, and I in this street.

Conrad Aiken

Your Word/Phrase for the Day:
Burnin' a Bleezie: Smoking a joint.
Example: Ma, did you catch My Man Mitch’s State of the State address, dude must have been Burnin' a Bleezie when he wrote that shit, tax the rich, shit…
(Remember to use this phrase three times today in conversations)

Your Bill for the Day:
"To sleep, perchance to dream-ay, there's the rub."
--From Hamlet (III, i, 65-68)

Quote for the Day:
Perhaps the feelings that we experience when we are in love represent a normal state. Being in love shows a person who he should be.
Anton Chekhov, Russian dramatist author (1860 - 1904)

I remain without peer and none my equal,

JQP DMV