Friday, January 07, 2005

Billy Jack is my Hero:

Appréciez votre visite!

Thought for the Day:
“If you’re going to grab a Tiger’s tail, you better have a plan for his teeth”
R. Ludlum

Cutting off Fingers
Hey your new Attorney General, the nation’s top cop, is ok with torture. Some of you might think that’s ok, fuck them there Arabs. But, I bet they are the same people who went ballistic when Clinton normalized relations with Vietnam, sighting the fact that old Charlie Cong tortured US POWs.

Folks, hear that flushing sound? It started with the Patriot Act and now with the lawyer for concentration camps in the driver’s seat, the road to hell is going to fly by a lot quicker. Just how long before they start using these “interrogation methods” on US citizens they see has a threat?
We are just a hop skip and a jump from Fundamentalist run “Re-Education Camps” supported by your tax dollars. Hell, maybe even Halliburton could get a no bid contract.

Impeach the little Fucker:
Man, if Clinton would have pulled one tenth the shit the ruling junta has they would of dragged him out on the front lawn of the White House and shot him. It’s about time we impeach W and change him and his pals with war crimes.

He is trading American lives for oil, not to mention the civilians who are getting killed and maimed alone the way. Has anyone even gotten a solid number on the dead and wounded civilians?

I am no dove, fuck with the bull get the horns and all that. I support the war in Afghanistan; I think we should hunt those chicken shit fuckers down and those who support them. But, god-damn, anyone who has watched the History Channel could tell you that old W and the boys fucked up. When are we going to hold him accountable?

Plans for Today:
Grants, grants and more grants, court at 10:00, then teaching this afternoon. An action packed day of fun and excitement. However, I did just get an e-mail from a friend at the Prosecutors Office and they and a few cop friends of mine are going out for cocktails after work. Now, I just might have to make that one, its always nice to get the inside tack on what’s really going down. That and a few of them owe me drinks and bloody marys are sounding good even at this early hour.

On Health:
Today is the first day I feel kind of ok in about 6 weeks. Yes, I am taking my meds and no I didn’t go out with the gang last night, even after the shitty day I had. Hell, I even worked out this morning, I am in training you know.

On Food:
Well, this weekend I am going to try a new recipe for Potato Soup sent to me by SS. Thanks and it sounds great, also I am going to cook about five pounds of shrimp that a friend sent me from “down-home” (they didnt want me to forget what good food tasted like).

Your Word/Phrase of the Day:
Break her off somethin' proper: To sexually satisfy.
(Remember to use it three times in conversation today.)

Plans for the Weekend:
I am blowing off My Man Mitch’s Hitler Youth Rally down in Indy; I would just get myself into trouble. The Sweet and Kind Mrs. John Q. Public will fly in this afternoon and told me on the phone that she has plans for a Hockey game on Saturday. Other than that, I am going to get a much needed hair cut and perhaps shave off my beard. I have been thinking the X-Men Wolverine look might be fun for a week or two.

On children:
Yes, the topic of adoption is still being discussed. But, like I said there are a lot of thing that need to be talked about first.

Your Literary Quote of the Day:
Winston could not definitely remember a time when his country had not been at war...war had literally been continuous, though strictly speaking it had not always been the same war. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil. -- George Orwell, 1984
(Yes, stop and think about that one, do you really want to have your children and perhaps your grand-children, garrisoning posts in Iraq.)

Your Bill for the Day:
SONNET 11
As fast as thou shalt wane, so fast thou growest
In one of thine, from that which thou departest;
And that fresh blood which youngly thou bestowest
Thou mayst call thine when thou from youth convertest.
Herein lives wisdom, beauty and increase:
Without this, folly, age and cold decay:
If all were minded so, the times should cease
And threescore year would make the world away.
Let those whom Nature hath not made for store,
Harsh featureless and rude, barrenly perish:
Look, whom she best endow'd she gave the more;
Which bounteous gift thou shouldst in bounty cherish:
She carved thee for her seal, and meant thereby
Thou shouldst print more, not let that copy die.

Your Saint of the Week:
ST. RAYMOND OF PENYAFORT: Raymond was born between 1175 and 1180 in a little town near Barcelona, Spain. He was educated at the cathedral school in Barcelona and became a priest. Raymond graduated from law school in Bologna, Italy, and became a famous teacher. He joined the Dominican order in 1218. In 1230, Pope Gregory IX asked this dedicated priest to come to Rome. When Raymond arrived, the pope gave him several assignments. One duty was to collect all the official letters of the popes since 1150. Raymond gathered and published five volumes. He also took part in writing Church law. In 1238, Raymond was elected master general of the Dominicans. With his knowledge of law, he went over the order's rule and made sure everything was legally correct. After he had finished, he resigned his position in 1240. Now he could truly dedicate the rest of his life to parish work. He was overjoyed to be in parish work. His compassion helped many people return to God through the sacrament of Reconciliation. Also, Father Raymond asked the famous Dominican, St. Thomas Aquinas, to write a booklet. This booklet would explain the truths of faith in a way that nonbelievers could understand. (We celebrate the feast of St. Thomas on January 28.) Raymond lived nearly one hundred years. He died in Barcelona on January 6, 1275. He was proclaimed a saint in 1601 by Pope Clement VIII. This pope declared him the patron of Church lawyers because of his great influence on Church law.

(May we become people of compassion and understanding for those whom we serve.)

On Movies:
I watched "Billy Jack" last night, the man is my hero. Today I just might look someone up and say "I am going to take my left foot and kick you on the side of your head and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it" ...and yes, I have someone in mind. Still its one of the best movies to come out of the 70's.

Your Quote of the Day:
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. Nelson Mandela, 'A Long Walk to Freedom'

Primed for a Fight with a smile on my face; I remain,

JQP esq.

(I blame it on some damn good meds)