Monday, January 03, 2005

The fun of a hospital bed:

Thought for the day:
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Anton Chekhov

On Health & Misspent Youth:
Nothing says world traveler like having strange diseases that can only be contracted from say drinking water from a mud puddle in Tanzania, or from having an open wound in the triple canopy rain forests of Ghana.

Thus the sudden rash, high fever and bleeding. You know, its not reassuring when they say they can treat you but not cure you. Yes, even the IV drug users don’t want to share a needle with me. Looking and feeling my best.

So, I am admitted once again to the hospital, the ride over from the VA was fun, they even put the siren on for me. But hey it’s a nice room, cable, and internet connection, Plus I get “baths” from student nurses. And the Indian doctors love me, they have not seen some of these symptoms since leaving their homeland.

Other than that, I feel like shit. Like the flu and a really bad hangover. No, big deal, I get sick like this every three or four years. Word of advice, when your young and you want to go on an adventure, just rent the movie instead.

Got to go, time for another IV and the sweet and attentive Mrs. JQP just sent me flowers, she is currently in Arkansas on tour with her Boy-Band.

I remain,

JQP