Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A Ray of Sunshine, I am:

Thought for the Day:
Life is a fatal complaint, and an eminently contagious one.
Oliver Wendell Holmes, "The Poet at the Breakfast-Table", 1872
US author & physician (1809 - 1894)

On being discharged from Hospital:
After a large group of friends decided to visit me during my period of confinement, the hospital staff felt that I might do better at the manor, both for the sake of myself and the other patents, not to mention the over taxed security staff. Let’s just say, the boys enjoyed their visit. I truth, I feel its because doctors don’t like to treat other doctors.

I had asked my good friend and chum from my Eaton days, Tattoo John to pick me up, since the hospital has a rule that you can not leave unless someone comes to get you. (Makes you wonder about those people who don’t have anyone close who could come and get them, are they still there somewhere in a back ward?). The news of my discharge from the hospital was met with great relief. So, as a matter of fact the lads decided to celebrate at the “Rugby Bar”. Needless to say it was this morning before I could get picked up.

On a brighter note, the kind a sweet Mrs. John Q. Public called and wished me well. It seems that she will be scouting a new boy-band in Florida for the rest of the week and perhaps into next, she hopes I am all better.

Your Bill for the Day:
"The course of true love never did run smooth."
--From A Midsummer Night's Dream (I, i, 134)

On Food:
For breakfast I enjoyed poached eggs with wheat toast and Mrs. Peterson’s Orange Marmalade. For lunch I am planning chicken soup (yes from a can, please don’t tell) and supper perhaps a sirloin steak with Irish potatoes. I need my strength and even sick I am hungry.

Plans:
Well, I need to start work on the bath again, but lately I have been spending a bit more time with the yacht (which is what the boat will now be called, and rightly so, the fucking money it’s costing). For work, I am now officially behind schedule, which means much to be done, hampered by the fact work will not send stuff to me, they seem to be laboring under the notion that need to recover from this most recent illness, where was their understanding when I got stabbed last year, I ask you?

This weekend I plan to break out my tux and find a date (if the Sweet and well Tanned Mrs. John Q. Public isn’t back from her “scouting trip”) for:

"A Great Hoosier celebration!"
Mitch Daniels 2005 Inaugural Celebration
"The Dance" and “Book Burning”
Indiana Convention Center,
Sagamore Ballroom
Indianapolis, Indiana
January 9, 2005
7:30 P.M. - 11:30 P.M.

I can’t get over how these people think I am one of them, it should be a night full of shits and giggles, if I feel up to it. To quote a line from the definitive movie “Pulp Fiction”; “That’s how your going to beat them Butch, by being one step ahead of them”.

Your Poem for the Day:
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries (XXXVI)
THESE, in the day when heaven was falling
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling,
And took their wages, and are dead.
Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay.
A.E. Housman

Or from another Source:
A glass bead
Caught the Sun
And caught me as well
On the run

Sitting by the fire, daydreaming about the low-country; I remain,
JQP