Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A ray of F'ing sunshine

Word of the Day:

crunk:

1. To some it means to be 'crazy' and 'drunk' at the same time. Used mainly in the East Coast, but very rarely in the dirty south.

2. A state of high excitement, or rowdiness. Can be associated with anger, happiness, fun, etc but has to be when you are excited.

3. A word signifying something is very cool in nature. Used widely in the dirty south along with def. #2.

4. A great style of rap music originating in the dirty south. Characterized by heavy bass and a pumping people up. Before this term was used, there wasn’t a specific term for southern rap, besides 'southern rap' and sometimes 'screwed and chopped'.

1."Hey son, I say ya girl at da party yersterday, and dat bitch was crunk! She was takin her shirt off! hahaha!"

2a."My principal got all crunk on me when I mooned the mothafucka! I don't know what he was tripping for!"
2b."Everybody at Rob's party was crunk! People were starting to throw bows everywhere!]
2c. "Don't make me get crunk on you young man."

3."That new G-wagon my neigbor bought is crunk as hell! It's his third one this week!"

4a. "The Kings of Crunk CD is even better screwed and chopped. I bought a bootleg version with a bunch of remixes on it."
4b. Artists such as Lil Jon, Lil Scrappy, Crime Mob, Ying Yang Twins, etc. Though they tend to be mostly club songs, they are still very tight to just listen to. But nothing beats dancing to it with a fine ass shawty.

Today’s Bill:

Winter

When icicles hang by the wall
And Dick the shepherd blows his nail
And Tom bears logs into the hall,
And milk comes frozen home in pail,
When Blood is nipped and ways be foul,
Then nightly sings the staring owl,
Tu-who;
Tu-whit, tu-who: a merry note,
While greasy Joan doth keel the pot.

When all aloud the wind doth blow,
And coughing drowns the parson's saw,
And birds sit brooding in the snow,
And Marian's nose looks red and raw
When roasted crabs hiss in the bowl,
Then nightly sings the staring owl,
Tu-who;
Tu-whit, tu-who: a merry note,
While greasy Joan doth keel the pot.

William Shakespeare

Quote of the Day:

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it.
Mark Twain
US humorist, novelist, short story author, & wit (1835 - 1910)

Note:
Taking a bit of time to mend my health, at least I am not on the road.

I remain,

JQP