Friday, November 26, 2004

The shell fire has just stoped

Thought for the day:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dispatch from the Front:
Pheasant hunting (or has I prefer to call it walking around freezing your ass off at dawn, trying not to get shot in the face) with my brother is how I rounded out the JQP family experience of Thanksgiving. The food was good, no one cussed at anyone else (well no more than normal and then it was over football and/or Bush), there were no fights, no one got arrested, and over 79 children under the age of 16 were in attendance (it’s a family of breeders), it always good to spend time with ones family and even better to hop in the car for the long trip home.

However home (and isnt home someplace we all search for) is just a brief respite, since the second leg of the trip starts tomorrow, the sweet and strong Mrs. John Q. Public and I will be traveling to the icy waste lands of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where we will spend time with her primitive tribal people. I am told that once again if I am there early enough I will be included in their yearly dog hunt (an animal they find quite tasty).

On Self-Discipline:
My kidneys have been getting away with way to much shit, or so I am told by the Bold and Adventurous Mrs. John Q. Public, we are going to take them out and punish them. It seems some old friends from Alaska just rolled back into town and want to go on an early “Fall-Down”, so we are off this afternoon for a day of seedy bars and desperate people.

Noted: It has been nice to wake-up just feeling like normal shit and having a few more dollars in my wallet.

Joke of the Day:
Three mice are sitting at a bar after the funeral of a fellow mouse, killed by an 80-year-old lady with a broom, trying to impress each other about how much tougher they are. The Ohio mouse throws down a shot of bourbon, slams the empty glass onto the bar, turns to the Michigan mouse and says, "When I see a mousetrap, I lie on my back and set it off with my foot. When the bar comes down, I catch it in my teeth, bench press it twenty times to work up an appetite, and then make off with the cheese."

The Michigan mouse orders up two shots of tequila, drinks them down one after the other, slams both glasses onto the bar, turns to the Ohio mouse and replies, "Oh yeah? When I see rat poison, I collect as much as I can, take it home, grind it up to a powder, and add it to my coffee each morning so I can get a good buzz going for the rest of the day."

They both turn to the Hoosier mouse. The Hoosier mouse finishes the beer and double shot he has in front of him, lets out a long sigh and says to the two, "I don't have time for you two’s bull shit". I gotta go home and fuck the cat."

All my best to you and yours on this cold holiday weekend, I remain:

JQP