Friday, November 19, 2004

Home for Lunch

Waiting to Appear:
You know the only time the word recess has any relevance in an adult’s world is when a Judge says it, and this morning I can attest that as an adult it still sounds good. I can now take off my tie for a few hours.

No-Love Thursday:
Well, there was no No-Love Thursday, Pastor Bob had Chaplin duties to tend to and I am observing “Be kind to your Liver Week”. However Pastor Bob and I did get into a rather lengthy debate on the role of the Holy Trinity in the Coptic Church vs. its roll in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. (Yes, we really did; so there is a great deal of research going on to prove our points). We also got into a heated discussion over Shakespeare, however that was much easier to prove and we both found ourselves in the wrong. Since it is the start of Advent, we are thinking about suspending No-Love Thursdays, but keeping the option open for observance of Feast Days.

Sports:
This weekend looks to be a good one for football. Saturday we will be attending a hog-roast Play-Off game, and with any luck be home in time to watch SC play (Go Cocks!) It is Lou’s last season.


Off doing my real job,
JQP