Thursday, November 30, 2006

Gordon Gekko vs. JQP:

Thought of the Day:
The more alternatives, the more difficult the choice.
Abbe' D'Allanival

fun girl
(A candid photo taken at Timmy and Indy-Girls Birthday Bash. If they would of told me there were going to be punk-rock, hairy arm pitted, foaming at the mouth girls there, I would have flown in.)

Will work for Food:
Well, I lasted a total of 50 days in the for-profit world, which I might add is 40 more than many thought I would make. What have I learned, is a new found respect for those of you who work governed by the bottom line, plus an much greater understanding of the produce business and transportation. I will never look at fresh foods the same way again.

I however, have to respect my vocation, I am a public servant, that’s what I am good at and that not big money gives value to my life. All in all, it has been good for me to to step away from my career; I was getting close to burn-out. Seeing only the same thing day in and day out and most telling, not being able to see the good I was doing in order to help others.

Now, I am looking at grad schools and getting a job that while not what I want to do, will at least get me closer to the prize, if the good Lord is willing.

Mrs. JQP has been wonderful, the other night she said: “Remember when you took a job in SC just to have one and you hated every minute of it? Well, it wasn’t worth it. Find something that can either move you along toward your long term goals or get something working on making the world a better place”. She then reminded me that we had planned on me not having to find anything for 6 months in the first place.

Pretty damn supportive, that woman of mine.

Quote of the Day:
If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.
Robert Fritz

I remain, your unemployed friend sleeping on your futon, eating the food of your soul:

JQP