Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Benedict and Me:

martyrdom

The nation's Roman Catholic bishops adopted new guidelines for gay outreach Tuesday that are meant to be “welcoming”, while also telling gays to be celibate since the church considers their sexuality "disordered."

Then so the homosexual community didn’t feel singled out, the Bishops decided to go after the 98% of heterosexual Catholic couples who don’t follow the churches teaching in birth control. I will love to see the first time a Priest denies communion to a couple for using a rubber.

I heard one Bishop interviewed today saying that “…we need to force people back into the original teachings of the church”. Force? Dear God, the Bush-Right-Wing agenda lives strong in the leadership of the American church. How about that part “original teachings”, (I would tend to use the words “primitive teachings” not original),

I would like to site one of my favorites, “Thou shall not kill”, not thou shall kill sometimes, or when the person and/or persons really needs it, but “Thou shall not kill”. How many wars throughout history have been fought for God and Country?


Now I have been called a smorgasbord-catholic, let’s see, I follow the churches teaching on birth control, I keep the Holy Days, I go to Mass, but I don’t go to confession, I don’t think my Priest/Bishop/Pope is infallible and I know enough of history to see the works of man in the practices of the church. Bad Catholic, perhaps but I tend to think of it as being the best Catholic I can be.

My suggestion to the Bishops, is to get back to the “original teachings of the church” the Church of Jesus, who was tacked to a cross for raising hell with the power that be, who kept company with whores and the scum of his society, get back to the true church, Catholic, universal, with room for everyone, one of open arms not pointing fingers.

Can I get a Witness...

Fr. JQP (Order of Our Lady of Sealy Posture-Pedic)