Friday, June 02, 2006

Make mine a RC Cola with a bag of Pork Cracklins:

Thought for the Day:
The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

life sized dolls
(It’s no wonder Tommy had a confusing childhood.)

On NLT:
Last night was a subdued meeting on the esteemed band of social critics and poet sages, known as the No-Love-Thursday Mutual Aid Society and Drinking Club. Yes, I went, chiefly due to the fact that others covered my extensive bar tab. I took Coff & Dusty’s advice and invited Mrs. JQP which limited any ass chewing/kicking I might have gotten.

Granted the doctor said I should take it easy, but I remind you what is easier than sitting in a smoky bar (we were smoking expensive cigars) and tossing back a few dozen pitchers of good Union made beer?

Those in attendance were M. Chamberlain “Man about Town”, Pastor Bob, The Dungeons and Dragons Player of the Week, The Bitter Red Headed Lady, Double N, Tattoo John and I & Mrs. JQP. Thanks go to M. Chamberlain for going and getting Tattoo John (I didn’t have the bail money) and the Pastor Bob and Tattoo John for covering my bar tab, good men one and all.

We held a very limited election and voted M. Chamberlain into an unprecedented 3rd term. He first act was to declare NLT on summer sabbatical, yes thats right, no official meetings until September or until we change our minds on the subject (it is after all Lake and BBQ season) which works out well for me because my in-laws roll into town next week for their two week “visit”.

Granted, I would welcome the company of my fellow members of the bar, but not getting my penis cut off in my sleep by an angry wife does have its strong points. On the plus side, I am thinking about having a BBQ/Smoker party soon (at OB/GY Kenobi's house), ie: has soon as the in-laws leave town, that and I got a new recipe for BBQ goat that I have been wanting to try out.

tray guy

Your Drinks for the Weekend:

The Pierced Nipple

Drink Ingredients
Creme de Cacao 2 oz
Heavy Cream 2 oz.
Maraschino Liqueur 2 oz.
Rumplemizt 4 oz.
Maraschino Cherries (1 per drink, toothpick in each one)

Instruction
Layer ingredients, one on top of the other in the order given in a pony glass. Chill before serving and garnish with a cherry. I like to think of this little wonder as legal Roffies.

The Bald Girl

Drink Ingredients
1 Splash Lime Juice
1 shot Absolut Citron
1 Splash 7-Up
1 shot Triple Sec
1 1/2 shot Blueberry Schnapps
1 shot Absolut Vodka
1 1/2 shot Melon liqueur

Instruction
Start at the top and work your way to the bottom. Pour over ice and shake like a dog crapping razor blades. Pour in a highball glass and enjoy some summer time love.

Your Political Thought for the Week:
rummy marine

Today’s Bill:
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."
From Macbeth (IV, i, 44-45)

Quote of the Day:
I guess we'd be living in a boring, perfect world if everybody wished everybody else well. Jennifer Aniston

I remain, speaking with a fake North Dakota accent for no apparent reason:

JQP DDS