Thursday, June 01, 2006

I faced a wall of human flesh as I dragged my canoe behind me:

fat x 2

Thought for the Day:
Philosophy easily triumphs over past and future evils, but present evils triumph over philosophy. La Rochefoucauld

Today is No-Love-Thursday:
And dear reader, I find myself unable to attend at this time (Note: this is as always subject to change).

Yes, I know, I am much like the sparkplug of the engine of this the most venerated of drinking clubs, but alas, I have my reasons. You my ask yourself, what could keep a man of JQP’s caliber and sharp wit, away from the traditional meeting of like minds?

Well, dear reader I will tell you. There are many factors, chiefly, I am a bit tight money wise this week, I spent too much money on cheap whisky and exotic dancers over the holiday weekend. Add to that, I am on call, and must be available to change into my superhero costume, and at a moments notice be clear of mind and pure of soul. Not to mention my doctor told me to stay at home, take my pills and not engage in anything that might cause me further injury. But really, truth be known, Mrs. JQP said she would kick my ass if I went out tonight.

So, to you my fellow members, I bid you good tidings, soldier on, think of me, in my cloistered state, dreaming of the day when I can once again take my rightful place with you the vanguard of intellectual conceit and beer swilling philosophers.


BAR
Pain Pills, Hard Liquor and War Stories:
M. Chamberlain, “Man about Town”; besides being a top notch investigative journalist and renowned author, is also a decorated veteran of many campaigns. When last we met, he regaled me with his war time exploits. He told me he was gravely wounded by an exploding IUD, while saving a company of Marines in some unnamed Boom-Boom Donkey Girl Club outside of Subic Bay.

It seems, he ended up driving a D-10 Caterpillar Bulldozer into a large tank full of cheap Sake, flooding the bar with a fate worse than death (if you have ever had cheap Sake you know what I mean).

Now, I know you the more astute reader might see some similarities in his account of his war time exploits, with the 1942 John Wayne blockbuster “Fighting Seabees” but I can attest to the earnestness of his statements, that and the fact we were both drunk and myself under doctors care (I am after all the person they invented AMA for). Later he offered to show me his scar, I politely declined.

This is the news story that has Indiana talking:
http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/14711785.htm

Today’s Bill:
"Journeys end in lovers meeting,
Every wise man's son doth know."
From Twelfth Night (II, iii, 44-45)

Your Hairy Pit of the Week:
2 geo Pitts

Quote of the Day:
Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure. Lord Byron, Don Juan

I remain much like the sand in your underwear, annoying but paid attention to:

JQP esq.