Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Chicken Soup for the Soulless:

Thought for the Day:
Here's a rule I recommend: Never practice two vices at once.
Tallulah Bankhead

nipple rings
(Your first test in being a Jedi.)

Weekend Review:
trotsky's crapper
…and what a weekend it was friends and neighbors. My in-laws waged the vilest form of warfare against me, biological warfare. I am just now feeling about half a human (which is common for a demigod), after purging my body in every conceivable way over the past few days. As a result, there is nothing to report from my weekend, other than to say I felt like hell and the details you dont want.

I have a lot of stuff to catch-up on at work so not a lot drivel to fill your eager minds with, I want to get in early and get out even earlier.

Today’s Play List:

Black 47, Elvis Murphy's Green Suede Shoes, "Downtown Baghdad Blues"

Tilly and the Wall, Wild Like Children, “Fell Down the Stairs"

Tom Waits, Real Gone, "Metropolitan Glide"

Arlo Guthrie, The Best of Arlo Guthrie, “Motorcycle-Pickle Song”

R.L. Burnside, Wish I Was In Heaven Sitting Down, “Hard Times On The Killing Floor”

Little Feat, Southern Fried Rock, “Dixie Chicken”

The Clash, London Calling, "London Calling"

Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs , “Love Itself”

Béla Fleck and Edgar Meyer, Music for Two, "The One I Left Behind"

Billie Holiday, The Ultimate Collection, "'Taint Nobody's Business if I Do"

Elvis Costello, Delivery Man, "There's a Story in Your Voice"

AC/DC, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, “Problem Child”

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 26
Lord of my love, to whom in vassalage
Thy merit hath my duty strongly knit,
To thee I send this written embassage,
To witness duty, not to show my wit:
Duty so great, which wit so poor as mine
May make seem bare, in wanting words to show it,
But that I hope some good conceit of thine
In thy soul's thought, all naked, will bestow it;
Till whatsoever star that guides my moving
Points on me graciously with fair aspect
And puts apparel on my tatter'd loving,
To show me worthy of thy sweet respect:
Then may I dare to boast how I do love thee;
Till then not show my head where thou mayst prove me.

Quote of the Day:
If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
Rene Descartes

All my best to you my legions of admirers:

JQP