Monday, April 24, 2006

Kiss an Angel Good-Morning:

Thought for the Day:
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
Benjamin Franklin

norton8cv
(Pain pills and a long day in my labors ahead.)

12 things you didn’t know about me:
hand guns
I like red heads, then black hair, brunets and last blonds.
I am an Elder of Zion, I am also member of Opus Dei; however the Masons scare the shit out of me.
Women often want to have wild-kinky sex with me.
I am a bit of an expert on the Boer War, Pre-Castro Cuba and WW1 naval forces.
I put myself through college shoeing horses and selling fire wood.
I hate red beets.
My life is at times like a bad pulp fiction novel.
I hate musical ring tones.
Thomas Paine is a personal hero of mine.
I think the neck is one of the sexiest parts of a woman.
People often think I am a hit-man, and ask things accordingly.
I am numb most of the time.

How’s this for the Opening Line of my dissertation:
I had been warned; make yourself scarce, they are looking for you. So, I being a wise man, I stayed in, got myself stoned out of my mind of pain killers and cheap bourbon. The sound of the ceiling fan, keeping beat to my heart; a heart broken by life, a hard life, and one well lived.

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 3
Look in thy glass, and tell the face thou viewest
Now is the time that face should form another;
Whose fresh repair if now thou not renewest,
Thou dost beguile the world, unbless some mother.
For where is she so fair whose unear'd womb
Disdains the tillage of thy husbandry?
Or who is he so fond will be the tomb
Of his self-love, to stop posterity?
Thou art thy mother's glass, and she in thee
Calls back the lovely April of her prime:
So thou through windows of thine age shall see
Despite of wrinkles this thy golden time.
But if thou live, remember'd not to be,
Die single, and thine image dies with thee.

Quote of the Day:
There was an immeasurable distance between the quick and the dead: they did not seem to belong to the same species; and it was strange to think that but a little while before they had spoken and moved and eaten and laughed.
W. Somerset Maugham

I remain, much like the itchy part of your soul:

JQP