Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hermaphrodites in Hebron and other News:

Thought for the Day:
Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
Charles M. Schulz, Charlie Brown in "Peanuts"

ugly-men
(A candid photo of M. Chamberlain News Paper Man (L) and myself (R) taken at last Tuesdays Republican Party fund raiser, when key note speaker, Governor Mitch Daniels, told both of us, we are the cornerstone of a new Indiana.)

It’s No-Love-Thursday:
...and dear reader as it stands right now, I plan to take my seat as "Distinguished Chair of Wit and Sarcasm", at this most venerated of all Drinking Clubs in the Tri-State area. All the more so since my flower is out of town until Saturday early morning (Bring on the dancing girls, Corn Nuts and Blow Jobs for me and my men).

Last Night:
I met M. Chamberlain News Paper Man at my favorite bar for at least one drink more than I should have had. Tiny joined us, sporting a clean shaven face and republican hair-cut. After a few more drinks both Tiny and I adjourned to the Macedonian Road House for some of the culinary delights known to those fun loving mountain people.

While dining I played a retrospective of the works of both Mr. Engelbert Humperdinck & Mr. Neil Sedaka, on a jukebox that was last updated in the mid to late 70’s. I retuned to the manor house around 11pm and quickly fell asleep, being woken only once during the night, when my flower staggered into her hotel room around 1:30 am.

My bride is "rolling like a rock star", which in the music business is not unusual, but I am sure is "razing" a few eyebrows among the elite of country music. It is my understanding that tonight she will be going on a second date with Cowboy Troy (who ever that is). If she keeps this up, it wont be long before MTV calls and wants to shoot an episode of “Cribs” at our humble estate.

Today:
I am on the road to Richmond, Indiana. A place whose city motto is “Richmond, where the Roses Grow” and which I might add is also home to "Tom Raper RV, The World Headquarters for your Recreational Vehicle Needs”.

Sadly, there is no good road heading from here to there, so it looks like a drive filled with dodging School Buses, Amish buggies and heavy farm equipment. What the hell, its all mileage to me, out there in the hinterlands, doing the good work.

1 strike

Attention:
There will be no post on Friday Feb. 17th. The employees of PTOAPM are currently staging a labor slow-down that is actively effecting contract negotiations. Management and labor are at odds over the pension funds and medical saving accounts.

Rest assured, if they do not come back to the table soon, I will have them all fired and their accounts closed at the company store.

Currently, I am looking at bringing in undocumented workers to staff key components of this blog, so you will get the timely news and insight that you have grown accustom to here at PTOAPM.

Your Drinks for the Week:

tray guy

Jack’s Candlestick:
Drink Ingredients:
1 tbs of Bacardi 151 Rum
1/3 oz. Pineapple Juice
1/3 oz. Sloe Gin
1/2 oz. Jack Daniel's
1/3 oz. Melon liqueur

Instruction:
Chill in a mixing tin and pour. Float the 151 on top and light it, best you try this one not all ready drunk, I am not responsible for burns and/or property damage.

Orange Tang:
Drink Ingredients:
1 oz. Vodka
6 oz. Orange Juice
1 Splash Grenadine
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1 Splash Sour Mix
1 oz. 151 Proof Rum

Instruction:
Lightly blend all ingredients except rum, strain into large snifter 1/2 filled with ice cubes, float rum on top, garnish with tropical fruits

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 105
Let not my love be call'd idolatry,
Nor my beloved as an idol show,
Since all alike my songs and praises be
To one, of one, still such, and ever so.
Kind is my love to-day, to-morrow kind,
Still constant in a wondrous excellence;
Therefore my verse to constancy confined,
One thing expressing, leaves out difference.
'Fair, kind and true' is all my argument,
'Fair, kind, and true' varying to other words;
And in this change is my invention spent,
Three themes in one, which wondrous scope affords.
'Fair, kind, and true,' have often lived alone,
Which three till now never kept seat in one.

Quote of the Day:
You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans.
Ronald Reagan, quoted in Observer, March 29 1981

I remain, the only man you know who can pull off wearing a ascot:

JQP esq.