Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Platypus Jelly on Hard Rolls:

Thought for the Day:
It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you.
Lady Bird Johnson

toy train guy
(Serial killer, cub scout leader, human-extraterrestrial love child, or model rail road enthusiast, you decide)

My Yesterday:
After a fun filled day touring the sights of Gary, LaPorte and Knox, Indiana, I took myself to my favorite bar for some insightful conversation with M. Chamberlain, News Paper Man. After wading through the tall grass of this simulating repartee and swilling of some distilled grains, while watching all the happy couples enjoying each others company this Valentines Day, I said piss on it and took my leave.

I stoped on my way home at my local Bodega for hot peppers and deep fried pork fat. Never a more regretful decision was made for an evening meal. I then watched ESPN classic until around 10:00 when put on my PJs, said my prayers and tucked myself in.

I was however woken from my slumber by a call from some country star (I forget who) around 11:00, followed by a call from John Bon Jovi who for some reason sang with a chic-country band and found my flower most charming. (At least I knew who he was, what can I say, other than being a child of the 80's, I am a steadfast NPR listener)

I later got calls at 12:00am, 12:45am, 1:15am and lastly at 3:00am, all in varying degrees of drunk dialing, Mrs. JQP seems to be having a good time in Nashville. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep very well.

Today:
Tonight, might have to work, if not I have the chance to enjoy the company of IT-Chic (who I might add said she was going to buy a pitcher) and Tiny. With the possibility of dinning at the Macedonian Road House. If not, it will be a dinner of steak and asparagus followed by reading a biography of William Jennings Bryant in front of the fire. Nope no strip bars for me, no sir, no way (if your reading this, Hi, Honey, hope your hangover is better).

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 66
Tired with all these, for restful death I cry,
As, to behold desert a beggar born,
And needy nothing trimm'd in jollity,
And purest faith unhappily forsworn,
And guilded honour shamefully misplaced,
And maiden virtue rudely strumpeted,
And right perfection wrongfully disgraced,
And strength by limping sway disabled,
And art made tongue-tied by authority,
And folly doctor-like controlling skill,
And simple truth miscall'd simplicity,
And captive good attending captain ill:
Tired with all these, from these would I be gone,
Save that, to die, I leave my love alone.

Quote of the Day:
Evil when we are in its power is not felt as evil but as a necessity, or even a duty.
Simone Weil, Gravity and Grace, 1947

I remain, sucking the hind tit of the body politic:

JQP esq.