Thursday, January 12, 2006

No-Love-Thursday and Other-Non Notable Musings:

Thought of the Day:
Martyrdom... is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
George Bernard Shaw, The Devil's Disciple (1901) act 3

lips

It is once again dear reader its that time of the week, when the cultural vanguard of the tri-state region join forces in a festival of mutual contempt, sharp wit and pointed barbs. Yes, it is the meeting day of the "No-Love-Thursday Mutual Aid Society".

Sadly, it currently looks as though neither my loving and dutiful wife nor I will be in attendance at this most venerated of drinking clubs. She went out last night and I have to work until around 7:00pm. Thusly I would be missing the first two to three hours of club business. However, as with most things in my life, I might stop by after my work here at the orphanage is complete tonight, it’s hard to tell.

Last Night:
My pretty and red headed wife went and got her hair cut at 5pm yesterday, retuning at 11:00pm drunk as a skunk and smelling of dogs and cheap cigar smoke. Needless to say, sometimes it’s best not to ask questions.

What did I do with my evening to myself? Well friends, I went to Mass, and a SVDP meeting after that, I am a pillar of the community that way. Oh odd note; last night I had a dream about nuclear war, this morning it made me realize how much the threat of the A-Bomb has slipped from our collective fear.

Rolling a Stone up a Hill:
Yes, we are rolling into my busy time of the year, next week I start taking my snake oil salesman show on the road and will be so occupied until March 1st. I am starting to plan my tour of the southern counties of this great state (any tips on places to eat and/or get into trouble in would be greatly appreciated). I have mixed feelings about this, first I don’t really enjoy living out of suit case for weeks on end and second, I don’t ever any feel smarter after staying in a Holiday Inn Express.

Today:
Well, they a calling for it to get all the way up to 54 today with sunlight, yes, there is a chance I might see the sun. So, I would say my mood is cautiously optimistic. I have a gig at 6pm, and have no idea how long its going to last, so its another long day in the life of JQP. I woke up starving this morning so this eating nothing but salads (which I hate) must be starting to work. Right now I am craving lasagna, Texas toast and cottage cheese from a truck stop diner.

Today’s Bill:
"Is this a dagger which I see before me..."
--From Macbeth (II, i, 33)

Quote of the Day:
Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I remain, the only other person who remembers your first unrequited love and when drinking will make fun of you for it:

JQP esq.