Monday, December 12, 2005

On the Subject of Football:

Blue Gray

First, something I miss:
The Blue Gray Game, played by the nations college senior All Stars, had been played from 1939 until 2003. That year's game, in Troy, Alabama was played on Christmas Day in Movie Gallery Stadium and was won by the Blue, 31-24.

It has since been left to die a painful death, for those of us fans of real football, a showcase for small and medium schools, is now gone. That and it was one hell of a fun tailgate.

My Bowl Picks:

Las Vegas Bowl Dec.22, 2005
Cal vs.. BYU
(I pick Cal, Mormons and their funny underpants don't stand a chance)

Holiday Bowl Dec. 29
Oregon vs. Oklahoma
(I pick Oregon, mostly because its easier to spell)

Sun Bowl Dec. 30
UCLA vs. Northwestern
(I pick UCLA)

Peach Bowl Dec. 30
Miami vs. LSU
(I pick LSU, however this one is a toss up)

Liberty Bowl Dec. 31
Tulsa vs. Fresno State
(I pick Tulsa)

Fiesta Bowl Jan. 2
Notre Dame vs. Ohio State
(I pick Notre Dame, by at least 12, it is after all God's Team)

Cotton Bowl Jan. 2T
Texas Tech vs. Alabama
(I pick 'Bama! Roll Tide, Roll)

Orange Bowl Jan. 3
Florida State vs. Penn State
(I pick Penn State and am glad to have them back)

Rose Bowl Jan. 4
USC vs. Texas
(I am calling for a USC blow out, however I would love to see them get their asses handed to them)

Motor CitiyBowl
Univ. of Akron vs. Univ. of Memphis
(Memphis by 7, however a possible OT)

...and of course Univ. of Saint Francis will take the NAIA Football Championship on DEC. 17

JQP esq.