Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A Bloody Mess:

Thought for the Day:
Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,--'Wait and hope'.
Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

It was a Fateful Combination:
when I was at sea
Of too much Liberty and folding money.

The Weekend that Was:
My Saturday was one full of productive actions and intellectual intercourse. I made 15 green tomato pies, yes 15… and then spent a large part of the afternoon delivering them to those who had placed an order.

At around 4:30 both my loving bride and I enjoined a party at the baronial estate of OB/GY and his dutiful wife Land O’ Lakes Girl. Also present were several names familiar to you the reader, chiefly M. Chamberlain, News Paper Man and Baba Ghannuj Girl, both my bride and I enjoyed the finest of home- made chili.

However I should note that the mauled cider was in fact spiked with prescription sleeping pills, do to the fact that after only 14 cups in front of the fire, I found myself to be very sleepy. Thusly we bid our hosts and a warm good bye and we were home in bed by 10pm.

On Sunday, the day of our anniversary after Mass my kind and loving bride and I went out for brunch, her choice. I had wanted to go to one of these rich person brunches, but my bride had other ideas, she wanted Bob Evans, so as is the rule whatever my flower wants my flower gets, off we went.

After a full meal we went to the Rugby bar, for a new tradition in our quant coastal village, “Sunday, Bloody Sunday”. Being a fan of Bloody Marys we were well served, to the point I dare say of no-return. The service was so good that they even called a cab for us to return to the manor in.

As a result I penned a note of thanks off to our bartender stating the following:

On behalf of my loving wife and I,
I would like to thank-you for the anniversary gift of the bucket,
It was most welcome and put to good use.

Warmest regards
JQP


My flower is still feeling the effects of being repeatedly over served, which I find as proof that at the Rugby Bar, your intoxication is something they pride themselves on.

On the Week that is:
I am slammed and need to keep my head in the game. A lot of road time full of shits and giggles. My wife and I are thinking about hosting a Notre Dame party (CPF sucks, he has tickets and didn’t invite me) but until my flowers stomach as settled I am reticent to bring up the subject.

In the News:
WASHINGTON – With his nomination of Samuel Alito, President Bush has offered the clear-cut choice about the Supreme Court’s direction that activists on the right have been expecting – and even demanding – throughout his presidency.

Well, Pastor Bob and I discussed this yesterday and he made an interesting point, he thinks that this might turn out to bite them in the ass, due to the uniting effect it will have in the democratic party. It a great place for some stand-outs in preparation for the run for the White House.

Your Bill for the Day:
"I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fix'd and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament."
--From Julius Caesar (III, i, 60 – 62)

Quote of the Day:
Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
William James

I remain, over paid and under worked:

JQP esq.