Monday, March 21, 2005

Standing my Post:

Thought of the Day:
It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable.
Eric Hoffer, The Passionate State of Mind, 1954 (1902 - 1983)

And what a St. Paddy’s Day it was:

Sorry, no details:
A) until the State and Federal Statue of Limitations has expired
B) Because much of the day, remains a cloud.

Once again I am glad it only comes once a year.

In Other News:
I am back to work, even though I should still be off. I didn’t want to burn off my vacation sitting in this weather hellhole that is Indiana. Well, not at least until the temp. is more suitable to working out side the house. My weekend was a very quite one, the sweet and loving Mrs. JQP and I spend Friday, Sat. and Sun. watching movies and making love in front of the fire. (She’s fertile again) I cooked most of the weekend, shrimp, gumbo, steaks, the normal stuff. I didn’t manage to read five books during my time off, nothing real great but a few titles I had been wanting to hit.

Grandpa is doing much better, I think the fact that I took it upon myself to hire some “home-health aids” has really perked the old boy up.
Grandpa on his last mission trip to Laos
He told me he has even gotten to show them the scar he got at Normandy.

On Health:
I am currently engaged in a long drawn out battle with my insurance provider over their denial of several surgeries that I need. So, sadly, no rugby this summer, but if I play it right and get this settled, I could play in the fall. Their appeals system is set up so that people quit, silly them they have no idea how stubborn I can be.

On the News this morning:
There was once a time when Republicans we known as the party of small government and states rights, not to mention a balanced budget. Well, that was before W came to town.

Ok, if you don’t have a living will, get one and make sure everyone knows what your wishes are. I have spent a lot of time around people who have very bad things happen to them and with people who want to die with some degree of dignity. Who in the fuck am I to tell them what’s right, who in the fuck is the state, and really who in the fuck is the fed. to tell them they cant. Hold a few hands of the dying. Seee what the effects of a brain injury are. Watch as cancer guts someone and tell me that they don’t have that right to go gracefully into that good night when the only thing that has kept them here is modern medical care.

Dying is the most personal act your can ever due. In my view we should have some degree of respect. Just my views but if it happens to my pull the plug, and don’t pump me full of lighter fluid so everyone can come and see what used to be me, just drag my out into a woods and burn my, put me back into the food chain as soon as possible. Wasn’t it Whitman who said “every atom that is in me…”

Todays Bill:

SONNET 81
Or I shall live your epitaph to make,
Or you survive when I in earth am rotten;
From hence your memory death cannot take,
Although in me each part will be forgotten.
Your name from hence immortal life shall have,
Though I, once gone, to all the world must die:
The earth can yield me but a common grave,
When you entombed in men's eyes shall lie.
Your monument shall be my gentle verse,
Which eyes not yet created shall o'er-read,
And tongues to be your being shall rehearse
When all the breathers of this world are dead;
You still shall live--such virtue hath my pen--
Where breath most breathes, even in the mouths of men.

Quote of the Day:
Courage is fear that has said its prayers.
Dorothy Bernard

I remain, fast at work protecting the freedoms we hold dear:

JQP esq
.