Thursday, March 10, 2005

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

Thought for the Day:

Beliefs are what divide people. Doubt unites them.
Peter Ustinov English actor & author (1921 - 2004)

On starting a New Religion:

Since I get an average of three marriage propositions a week, I have decided to start a new religion, complete with secret hand shakes, robes, smells and bells, Hell, I already have the church bus. I am planning on basing it on Roman Catholicism and Mormonism and a few other books I have been reading.

set high goals

This is done for several reasons, first I look damn good in black and second because it would allow me to have many wifes. A working proto-type name would be Mormo-lics. I have always wanted to lead my own cult…and yes you can shave your pits if you must. My God is an accepting God. And best of all its tax deductable.

Some things from a few books that Have me Thinking:

I woke this morning with two lines that I had read in the past few weeks working around in the dark recesses of my mind, as I remember them they are:

“I learned to not look at my life through the prism of the life my father lead”

and…

When Karl Marx was on his death bed he is reported to have said “I was busy listening to the cries from the past, when I should have been listening to the cries from the future”

Don’t know what to do with those to bits yet, but I am sure they are stuck there for a reason.

Your Words for the Day:

Mabuti: Filipino origins- Tagalog word for "good".
Example: Pinay 1: Kamusta? (Greeting, like "Hi how are you?") Pinay 2: Mabuti! (Good - as in I'm doing well)

Gansta Grip: Something that "gangsters" do by holding a handgun sideways, holding a handgun sideways will not only lower the accuracy to a minimum, it is also easy to disarm the ignorant fool that was holding it sideways.
Example: Cop: I’m glad “gangsters” don’t know how to use firearms

Gandu: Hindi word for asshole. Also used to describe someone stupid and incredibly dim witted. Sometimes also used when a person is unhelpful or stingy or just plain anal. Despite certain claims, the word gandu has no connection with homosexuality. A gandu is not a homosexual man, no more than an asshole is a homosexual man. It stems from the word "Gand", pronounced "gaa-nd" which is a crude word for someone's ass. A very popular Indian curse word.
Example: "I'm not surprised he fucked up, he is a gandu!" or "He's not going to help, he's a real gandu"

I hope you enjoyed your multi-cultural words for the day, remember boys and girls to uses each one at least three times today. A yes, this will be on the test.

Your Recipe for the Week:

I made this last night and it was so good I had to have some more of it this morning.
Purloo:
pronounced for you non-low-country folks: Purr-Low, in NC sometimes called a Bog.

3 slices bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
1 cup thinly sliced okra
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup (smoked) cooked ham (about 3 ounces) julienned
3 cups cooked rice
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Cook bacon over medium heat in large skillet until brown; drain fat. Stir in onion, pepper, okra and garlic; saute 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add ham; continue cooking 3 minutes. Add rice, tomato, thyme, salt, bail and pepper flakes. Heat thoroughly; serve as a side dish or a main dish. Makes 4 servings

Your Bill for the Day:

SONNET 16
But wherefore do not you a mightier way
Make war upon this bloody tyrant, Time?
And fortify yourself in your decay
With means more blessed than my barren rhyme?
Now stand you on the top of happy hours,
And many maiden gardens yet unset
With virtuous wish would bear your living flowers,
Much liker than your painted counterfeit:
So should the lines of life that life repair,
Which this, Time's pencil, or my pupil pen,
Neither in inward worth nor outward fair,
Can make you live yourself in eyes of men.
To give away yourself keeps yourself still,
And you must live, drawn by your own sweet skill.

Quote of the Day:

To err is human. (Errare Humanum Est)
Melchior De Polignac

Spiting in the wind and pulling the Mask off the old Lone Ranger, I remain:

JQP DDS