Thursday, March 24, 2005

I am going down to the Crossroad:

Today is No Love Thursday:
A brief History on the institution of “No Love Thursday”. About a year ago, my co-workers and I started to go to the bar across the street (my favorite bar) after work on Thursdays. While there we would get a few drinks in us and start picking on each other, which like in any good dysfunctional family often escalated to the point of saying hurtful mean things, the funnier the better.

Soon other legal, law enforcement, social service, governmental employees started to attend. We all found it helped us to all be able to blow off and be shitty with each other. I believe is was Joel the barman who coined the term when after a very nasty comment was made by Pastor Bob to one of the members of the bench, he said…”there is no love in this bar tonight”

Thus “No Love Thursday” was born. It is now to the point that people save up hateful smart ass things to say to each other in this verbal and intellectual version of WWF “Grand-Slam”, aided by large amounts of alcohol. Dear friends it does help those of us who crawl up the asshole of society everyday for a living, a fairly safe way to blow off and be able to start our weekends with just a little less baggage. That and its fun.

Thought for the Day:
Sex should be wild. Unfettered and free. We're animals, aren't we? And, basically, we're all wolves in sheep's fur. I always wanted more. Not frequency, I am not talking about frequency; although that would have been great, too. I wanted more intensity. I wanted to be out there, outside myself, outside my skin. I wanted sex to be like robbing life out of the jaws of death! Robin Green

My Baby Picture:
my child

News of the Day:
Well I am working out of town most of the day and a large part of the night, so all my chums from here at the meat packing plant will have to go out to my favorite bar without me. No “No Love Thursday” for me, which is ok, because I am all full of love and good mother fucking will. I am teaching a large group of law enforcement officers tonight about five hours from my home, which always mackes for a wonderful drive, esp. the part about having to be at work by 7 am on Friday. But, hey just another day in the service of my fellow man.

Your Drinks for the Week:

Bush Ranger Drink Recipe:
Drink Ingredients:
2 oz. Light Rum
1 Lemon Twist
1 dash Bitters
1/2 oz. Dubonnet Rouge

Instruction:
In a mixing glass half-filled with ice cubes, combine the rum, Dubonnet, and bitters. Stir well. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon twist.

Horny Girl Drink Recipe:
Drink Ingredients:
1 Part Peppermint Schnapps
1 Part Kahlua

Instruction:
Add the coffee liqueur first since it is heavier than the schnapps. Slowly add the peppermint schnapps.

Your Southern Words for the Day:

Cuttin' Up -- Acting Silly
Fode -- Car and truck manufacturer
Giddaholdayew -- To Contact You
Kanyption (Canyption) -- A Fit or Seizure
RC Cola -- Soft drink; compliment to a Moon Pie
(Remember team; these will be on the test, be sure to use them at least three times today)

Song for the Day:
The Sonics Have Love, Will Travel

Your Greek God/Goddess and/or Myth for the Week:
Echo: Greek mountain nymph (Oread). She upset Zeus and died trying to reciprocate the love of Narcissus. (Haven’t we all died trying to love of Narcissus at least once in our lives?)

Our Leadership on the size of their Penises:
how big is your penis
(Hey, I felt the need to throw something political in here today)

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 45
The other two, slight air and purging fire,
Are both with thee, wherever I abide;
The first my thought, the other my desire,
These present-absent with swift motion slide.
For when these quicker elements are gone
In tender embassy of love to thee,
My life, being made of four, with two alone
Sinks down to death, oppress'd with melancholy;
Until life's composition be recured
By those swift messengers return'd from thee,
Who even but now come back again, assured
Of thy fair health, recounting it to me:
This told, I joy; but then no longer glad,
I send them back again and straight grow sad.

Quote for the Day:
It is with our passions, as it is with fire and water, they are good servants but bad masters.
Aesop, Greek slave & fable author (620 BC - 560 BC)

I have not forgotten and yet I remain:

JQP esq.