Friday, October 22, 2004

We all have bad dreams

Last night the astute and thoughtful Mrs. John Q. Public woke me in the middle of the night saying “…dear sweet man, arise form your slumber, hear me” to which I said, “for-gods-sake its 2:15, what the fuck are you doing home from the bars already” she said “…sweet, silly man, I never left, we went to bed together” I replied, “well, what is it then, you have me awake and now I have to pee, and if it’s about your prescription you can go a night without those god-damn pills and get a script filled in the morning” She then replied, “no dear husband, sweet and loving, I just woke from a bad dream… I dreamt that the election came down to one swing state, it was so very horrifying, hold me I am still shaking” as I held her trembling 6’1 frame, with 38dd breasts and size 2 feet, she sobbed, “my god, John…the state was Ohio!”

yes, dear reader I know I need not say more, it was a restless night at the manor house.

Shaken not stirred,

JQP