Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The aftermath

Up-date: According to the local news and sources close to the event. The bar will be re-opened in 10 to 14 days, I must admit, there were construction crews there has the fire dept. was pulling out. There in fact was a much quicker response than say if the children’s hospital burned down, to this I tip my hat to those involved in the building trades. However, I must also bow to the Irish and German communities in our fair burg, who at once realized the importance of this historic watering hole for the cultural elite. Thanks to the hard work ethic of the Germans, and the constant thirst of the Irish, I do believe this ambitious undertaking to be both laudable and achievable. Yes, dear reader, I can once again enjoy my smoked fish and capers with Rumplemist chasers by month’s end, Lord willing. JQP M Div