Monday, July 02, 2007

The Merry Month of June:

grandma beach
(Your GMILF for the Day)

Since it’s all about me, a list of “I’s”:

I went to Jerome, AZ which is described as a “biker town with an artist problem”.

I bought 9 books, which always makes me happy.

I got a shitty hair cut for 8 dollars.

I spent several days in the close company of Federal Agents.

I have been cooking a lot of food from the Med. Region, plus the normal US summer food.

I got drunk with a 7 foot tall mutant biker who had a winner dog that road around on his shoulder.

I turned 40 and noticed gray hairs on my back.

I wrote two grants.

I worked on my deep dark Jamaican tan.

I spent every free moment on weekends in the pool drinking, mojitos.

I spent 14 days with Cousin Molly, whose Detroit charm and skill sets are legionary.

I listened to all the works of Ms. Etta James back to back very loudly, in reply to next-doors impromptu rap retrospective of the early 21st century.

I got invited to join the Indian Am-Vets; I guess they are going for diversity.

I went to a bluegrass festival one weekend and a national rodeo the next in Prescott, AZ.

I called into work 3 times during the month, all related to transportation issues.

I took a nice 6 mile walk in the desert (114 degrees) wearing a suit.

I took notice that we lost another 100 of our finest during the month of June.

I missed my family and friends.

I made some new friends.

I really enjoyed mass yesterday, good readings.

This ends transmission.

JQP