Thursday, January 25, 2007

Situation Normal, all fucked-up:

monkey tat
(Perhaps, I shouldn’t wear a mid-drift t-shit when I go to interviews.)

Thought for the Day:
We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?
Jean Cocteau

Supper tonight:
Pork Chops with Greek seasoning, onion, pepper and squash with dill and spanakopita. I am thinking a sweet white wine to go with it; pork is after all the other white meat.

The number that keeps coming up for me:
For the past few months, the number “11” as been coming up for me. When I look at the clock its always 11 after. When I get gas, the pump clicks off at something 11. When I but something, the number 11 is somehow in my change. Any ideas on what this could mean? I am getting a little freaked out about it.

Resumes:
I now have out 520 resumes and have been without a job since mid-December. I get I am to over qualified for the positions they have available, or that I don’t have the right degree. “We don’t want to hire you, because we would get you trained and you would leave for a better job”. I had one Ex. Dir. Tell me that I had a better resume than hers; at least she gave me a referral.

I just read the average time for a white collar worker to be out of work is 4 to 6 months. I have applied to jobs ranging from NFP’s (not-for-profits) to Union Pacific. Just hoping something comes through; I don’t do well with free time.

Transportation:
My truck is in the shop today, in an effort to fix my breaks. I had to wait until my Flowers payday. So, I have been without any means of transportation, other than travel by foot. It is my hope that it wont be 500 bucks or something. See, at least I still have hope.

Cable TV:
Sucks, we have Cox here and its about half as good as Comcast. Cheaper but about half as good. Funny, in the backward mid-west, we had better cable. I now just listen to NPR all day because there is really nothing on.

Todays Bill:
“ Then must you speak
Of One that lov'd not wisely but too well."
From Othello (V, ii, 343-344)

Quote of the Day:
I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart.
e e cummings

I remain to poor to be eccentric and to sane to be institutionalized:

JQP esq.