Thursday, September 07, 2006

With Girded Loins and Sharpened Steel:

Thought for the Day:
Let's assume that each person has an equal opportunity, not to become equal, but to become different. To realize whatever unique potential of body, mind and spirit he or she possesses. John Fischer

eyesopen

Random Things:

Last NLT meeting we elected a new President, Super Dave also known as JWB IV. We change Presidents in this organization more often than most African dictatorships. It was a small meeting but big in thirst, thirst for truth, knowledge and pitcher after pitcher of beer.

On Saturday, my Flower and I attended the much anticipated Notre Dame-Syrian Lovefest-Land O’ Lakes Girl Birthday Party. It was a big success. The food was awesome and ND won. I send my complements to BBG for her skills in the kitchen and in performing the exotic Samardzija Dance and also to Obi GY-Kenobi for the Gin and Juice.

I went out with last Sunday with an old chum from my days at Oxford, Tattoo John, who is recently returned from Equatorial Guinea, where he was actively involved in prospecting for bat guano.

Monday, I was stricken with Black Water Fever, which I assume I contacted after drinking water from a mud puddle on a dare.

I read three books over the weekend; currently I am reading a Lenny Bruce book that I have been putting off.

As a result of my current infirmities, I will not be in attendance at tonight’s No-Love-Thursday meeting, and yes, I have a note from my doctor.

My Flower returns from taking her class at Notre Dame today and then she is off once again doing that voodoo that she do, by that I mean promoting boy bands at county fairs across the Midwest.

It sucks being sick alone, there is just so much Campbell’s soup you can nuke and acting pathetic when you by yourself is kind of silly.

I am going to try to work a full day today, mind over matter, if you don’t mind it don’t matter. That's why I am a winner.

carnie
(Your Carnie of the Week)

Today’s Bill:
O, beware, my lord of jealousy;
It is the green-ey'd monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on."
From Othello (III, iii, 165-167)

Quote of the Day:
Work and struggle and never accept an evil that you can change.
Andre Gide

I remain, the Burger King Mascot of your Nightmares:

JQP Esq.