Thursday, August 24, 2006

On Cocktails, Coffee Shops and Horse Kicked Women:

Thought for the Day:
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there.
Lewis Carroll

JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE

As I ready myself to start another 14 hour shift at the Salt Mines, I take a moment and reflect.

…there done

I have a lot of paper work to get done today, followed by meetings. As a result it is looking like it might be another Opossum Day, you know the day at work when you would rather crew your arm off than to have to sit and listen to someone drone on and on.

No-Love-Thursday:
Today is No-Love-Thursday, I invite you the reader to participate, how else are we going to start a movement that will overthrow the dominate paradigm? It’s easy; invite some friends and/or enemies out for drinks, drink, say mean things, but using wit, skill and treachery. Drink more. Repeat.

I don’t know if I will be in attendance. I will leave it to the Gods to decide. I do know the staff at my favorite watering hole, have felt the impact of my sobriety and that their children are now going without shoes and food. So, going out and getting a bit drunk does appeal to my sense of public service.

Random Points:

My life is in a state of flux, there are some changes possibly afoot on the home front both good and bad.

I have had fresh tomatoes and corn on the cob with every meal this week.

My Flower is worried that she might get recall orders back into the Marines. I guess I should start learning the words to “Tie a Yellow Ribbon around the Old Oak Tree”.

On a side note, she has PMS right now, so I see how they could use her as a secret weapon.

I had a dream about riding naked on a roller coaster last night.

I often dream about cooking and then get up and make it the next day.

I sleep naked.

Tuesday, I visited my little sister and my new niece. A one point in the conversation she said “You remember Ruth Mc Quay, don’t you? “No, I sure don’t.” Yes, you do, she is the Mc Quay girl with one eye” “One eye?” “Yeah, she got the other kicked out by a horse in 4-H.”

A fellow I knew from the Army just went to jail down in KY, he was a mortician and it seemed he liked to keep souvenirs of his work. That would explain the watch he sent me for Christmas and the gold tooth for my birthday.

I love the French so much, I eat only French bread.

Ok, that’s a lie; I eat about any kind of bread.

I found out that a Dalmatian dogs urine is identical to a humans, we are the only two mammals the make ureic acid. A fact that could come in handy for some of you.

A roll of Copenhagen Snuff costs about 50.00 bucks, when those fuckers got me hooked on this shit it was only a buck.

I am stocking up on freeze dried food and ammo, for the coming global depression.

I am currently reading about a book every 2 days; stay tuned for my book reviews. I wonder if anyone really gives a fuck.

I have been sober 15 days; my liver and I are speaking to each other again.

No one likes a quitter.

However, Mrs. JQP hinted that she might like to go out for a more rational No-Love-Thursday.

I am on-call this week, so no going out unless someone wants to cover for me.

Since I have been on-call I have gotten 11 crisis calls from friends in the middle of the night vs. 4 crisis calls from work.

I might want to rethink some friendships.

I am going shopping for a pair of cowboy boots this weekend.

I will not buy any, I just like going to country and western places and trying on shit, so I can play cowboy.

I look like a dumb-ass in a cowboy hat.

I went shopping with my Flower this Monday. We went to the two places she wanted to go, first to a scrap-book store and second to a gun shop. I am just crazy about that woman of mine.

I am taking Friday off, so no post. Don’t worry, you’ll be ok.

My little brother bought a coffee shop, because he liked the coffee and wanted something for his wife to do. The boy is something else.

I read somewhere that left handed male college graduates earn 24% more than right handed men. First, bull shit, where is my money? Second, I want to know who the fuck wrote the grant for that study, I could learn something from them.

Today, I am homesick for the ocean.

tray guy

Your Cocktails for the Week (by request, yes I have been remiss):

The Brazilian Job:
Drink Ingredients
1/2 oz. Chartreuse
1/2 oz. Cognac
1/2 oz. Dubonnet
1/2 oz. Gin
Dash of whisky

Instruction
Shake with cracked ice, strain into chilled cocktail glass. Yes, a few of these will remove hair from your neither regions.

The Ohio Girl on Vacation:
Drink Ingredients
Dash of Lime Juice
0.75 oz. Malibu Rum
0.5 oz. Brandy
1.5 oz. Gin (cheap)

Instruction
Shake all ingredients with cracked ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Surprisingly good, add some flair. Best of all they wake-up with no recall.

Vladimir Putin on the Ritz:
Drink Ingredients
4 oz. Vodka (Stoli)
0.25 oz. Lemon Juice (You can substitute beet juice)
0.5 oz. Creme de Cacao

Instruction
Fill a shaker half full with ice cubes. Pour all ingredients into shaker and shake well. Strain drink into a Cocktail glass and serve. After 6 or so of these you to will be no fan of democracy.

A Bar Trick for your Weekend:
The Magic Hand Trick: Take a Snifter glass and fill it with Sambuca. Ask a guest at the bar if they could pick up the glass just using your palm of one hand ( no fingers ). Here's how its done: Take a match and light the Sambuca on fire, then place the palm of your hand over the snifter. The fire will use up all of the oxygen and create a large suction so you can pick up the glass and wave it around in the air. Easy! Very Easy! Bet the Rubes and make off with some fat cash.

YOUR MIAL ORDER BRIDE 2

Your Mail Order Bride for the Week:
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=SvetlanaMaksimo
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Rulara
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=sunray7
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=Bezhe
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=latingirl71
http://www.eastwestmatch.com/search.cfm?from=email&nick=jedah

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 69
Those parts of thee that the world's eye doth view
Want nothing that the thought of hearts can mend;
All tongues, the voice of souls, give thee that due,
Uttering bare truth, even so as foes commend.
Thy outward thus with outward praise is crown'd;
But those same tongues that give thee so thine own
In other accents do this praise confound
By seeing farther than the eye hath shown.
They look into the beauty of thy mind,
And that, in guess, they measure by thy deeds;
Then, churls, their thoughts, although their eyes were kind,
To thy fair flower add the rank smell of weeds:
But why thy odour matcheth not thy show,
The solve is this, that thou dost common grow.

Quote of the Day:
After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one.
Cato the Elder

I remain, the Aztec Sun God of your secret rituals:

JQP esq.