Thursday, April 27, 2006

It’s a No-Love-Thursday:

Thought for the Day:
Our character...is an omen of our destiny, and the more integrity we have and keep, the simpler and nobler that destiny is likely to be.
George Santayana

Lads from the Pub 2
Tonight right after my labors in the Salt-Mine, I plan to walk across to my favorite bar and attend the weekly meeting of the No-Love-Thursday Drinking Club and Mutual Aid Society. Yes, I should enter the decompression chamber around 5:00 pm, the good Lord willing.

I know not, at this early hour who plans to be in attendance, suffice to say it will be a smattering of the intelligentsia, the disenfranchised and a Bolshevik or two. I do know dear reader, I am ready. More than ready, has my loving and petite bride said this morning when she gave me my 20.00 allowance (note to self: work the free drinks) “fuck, you are in rare form today”.

Who wouldn’t be after reading the papers and learning of the most recent round of plant closings preformed by American companies that house their taxable dollars in off-shore shelters, or perhaps the quarterly profit statements by the oil companies. Who wouldn’t be in “rare-form” indeed.

tray guy

Your Drinks for the Week:

Circus Peanut
Drink Ingredients
1 oz. Rose's Lime Juice
3 oz. Jose Cuervo Tequila
2 oz. Pisang Ambon Liqueur

Instruction
Mix well in a blender with ice and serve in a highball glass that has been rimmed (that was fun to type). Garnish with a day-glo orange circus peanut.

O’ Finn’s Roses
Drink Ingredients
2 cl. Dry Vermouth
1 cl. Apricot Brandy
3 cl. Bourbon

Instruction
Stir, drink, repeat.

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 37
As a decrepit father takes delight
To see his active child do deeds of youth,
So I, made lame by fortune's dearest spite,
Take all my comfort of thy worth and truth.
For whether beauty, birth, or wealth, or wit,
Or any of these all, or all, or more,
Entitled in thy parts do crowned sit,
I make my love engrafted to this store:
So then I am not lame, poor, nor despised,
Whilst that this shadow doth such substance give
That I in thy abundance am sufficed
And by a part of all thy glory live.
Look, what is best, that best I wish in thee:
This wish I have; then ten times happy me!

Quote of the Day:
A woman can forgive a man for the harm he does her...but she can never forgive him for the sacrifices he makes on her account.
W. Somerset Maugham, The Moon and Sixpence

I remain, much like the purple assed baboon, of your waking dreams:

JQP