Monday, February 13, 2006

Your Invited to a Intifada carry-in Dinner:

Thought for the Day:
Animals have these advantages over man: they never hear the clock strike, they die without any idea of death, they have no theologians to instruct them, their last moments are not disturbed by unwelcome and unpleasant ceremonies, their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts lawsuits over their wills.
Voltaire

party dance

“3” Things that are occupying my mind:
One, never go hunting with a VP.

Second, the evangelical neo-conservative movement in this country is about 10 years behind the Taliban and company. Wait until someone makes a cartoon about Jesus and see how that segment reacts.

Third, politics at work are really starting to piss me right the fuck-off. It’s not like our job isnt stressful enough, but to have to watch your back, really takes some of the fun out of it all.

A very brief Re-cap of my Weekend:
Friday I left work early around 2pm, and went home. Made dinner and slept. Saturday, my flower had an event, and didn’t get home till 6pm, I went shopping then made dinner and slept.

Saturday night, we went to a party, at which I didn’t get drunk, but ate well, leaving around midnight. Upon our return to the manor house, we took the hounds for a walk, during which I fell, causing my knee to hurt yet again. (That’s my story and I am sticking to it) Sunday, we skipped out on Mass, I made dinner and we slept.

When I wasn’t sleeping or cooking, I was reading, I built a fire, made several pots of Earl Gray, and read three books. My liver and I are back on speaking terms.

The week ahead:
asian county music
My flower is leaving for Nashville in the morning, so there will be no Valentines Day sex for me. She will be yet another jewel on the crown of country music. I trust she will call me every time she gets drunk, eats well, or meets someone she thinks I would find interesting. Also, she has a habit of getting famous to people prank call me, which many people find enjoyable. At least she eats and drinks well on the record companies’ tab, that’s my flower.

Sadly, however, I will find myself once again on the road, Tuesday and Thursday and a large part of Friday. So, I have no plans to get into trouble and limited opportunity if I did have said plans. Fuck, being a grown-up sucks sometimes.

Today’s Bill:
"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
--From Macbeth (V, v, 19)

Quote of the Day:
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I remain, the pensive little man sitting on the Pandora’s Box of your Past:

JQP esq.