Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Loins are girded:

VD its Not What you think

Thought for the Day:
Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another. Anatole France, The Crime of Sylvestre Bonnard

A few Up-Dates to bring you up to Speed on my Fast paced Life-
Style:

On Wednesday of last week, I had my quarterly “dinner and drinks meeting” with my spiritual guide the Monsignor. I left both drunk and confused, but I am told that’s what spiritual guides do.

I had to skip the NLT meeting last week and there is a chance I will have to skip it this week, driving hours across the great state of Indiana hung-over to do training is not the path I am choosing this year. Sadly, it seems IT Chic was buying for everyone; I always miss the free ride, damn-it.

I am now well versed on the beauties of Winamac, Indiana and am considering it as a vacation destination, when I finally break down and buy a bass boat.

I was a good boy for the most part all weekend, Friday I was on my own since my bride was tirelessly promoting her current boy-band at a National Guard Amory in southern Ohio. So, instead of going out and hitting the bars, I made myself a dinner of two steaks, a baked potato and asparagus. After my evening vespers, it was popcorn and movies at the manor house.

Saturday, I spend the day visiting down south with family and visiting graves. Later my pretty and petite bride and I went out with another couple from my work for some of the much coveted sausage rolls served at a tap on the city’s un-fashionable near west-side.

Sunday, I woke early as is my custom, did my household chores and went to Mass (the early Mass). After which I came home and made my love breakfast in bed. After she ate, we watched a chic flick (Must like Dogs, which was ok, since I think John Cusack is the most under rated star of my generation). After all this ass-kissing and being a good boy I though I was in the running for hitting the freaky-love-time-no-extra-charge jack pot, but alas dear reader it was not to be.

My flower announced that she was off to get her nails done, then shopping followed by a purse party with Pastor Bob’s wife and that I shouldn’t wait supper. Thusly I didn’t.

I went to the Rugby Bar where I joined M. Chamberlain News Paper Man for some fermented hops and watched Denver get swept from the field of combat. After that, we both adjourned to my favorite bar, where we made the company of Tattoo John, already in progress, soon afterward Sky-Captain and his glamorous blond headed wife dashed in after flying the torturous mountain passes that surround our humble port city.

I was at that point in my self induced alcohol poisoning decided it was a good time to go to the Macedonian Road House, which I did. Food fortifies the soul and also soaks up Rumplemizt (ie: JQP crack).

I ate 38.00 worth of pickled Macedonian farm produce, to include regretfully the “Special Hot-Egg’s” which turned out to be a good investment, since it had the longest effect on me.

I retuned to my ever so humble home around 9pm to find my wife busy around the house, doing things she had been putting off. It was then that I knew, it was then that I understood, my flower had been on a spending spree and was now the proud owner of half a dozen knock-off purses. Thusly I, JQP am running on a rather limited budget, for the foreseeable future.

This takes me to Monday. I had Doctors appointments all day, so I was in and out of four different offices, getting poked and prodded, all in an effort to insure I remain the picture of health you see before you. In between appointments I dashed into work often enough to confuse them into thinking I was somewhere in the building all day. Smoke and Mirrors dear reader, Smoke and Mirrors, that’s all it takes to survive and thrive in today’s business climate.

Today is the day of the “big super secret re-organization meeting”, a day when we find out who our new bosses will be, what our new jobs will be and by suggestion and assignment who will be getting pushed out the door. They set it up for 4:00PM the end of the working day for many of us, which I personally don’t take as a good omen. However it could be worse, if it was me I would of done it at quitting time on a Friday, but then again I am an asshole like that. Chance of drinking after work 98%.

Today’s Bill:

SONNET 3
Look in thy glass, and tell the face thou viewest
Now is the time that face should form another;
Whose fresh repair if now thou not renewest,
Thou dost beguile the world, unbless some mother.
For where is she so fair whose unear'd womb
Disdains the tillage of thy husbandry?
Or who is he so fond will be the tomb
Of his self-love, to stop posterity?
Thou art thy mother's glass, and she in thee
Calls back the lovely April of her prime:
So thou through windows of thine age shall see
Despite of wrinkles this thy golden time.
But if thou live, remember'd not to be,
Die single, and thine image dies with thee.

Quote of the Day:
One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness (1930) ch. 5

I remain, the shadows of the dreams you had for yourself:

JQP esq.