Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Post Thanksgiving Post:

my bar
(Both I and my Kind and Courteous staff wish you a most enjoyable Holiday Season)

Thought of the Day:
An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't.
Anatole France

In the News:
True to the old Hee Haw song “If it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all.” My Flower and I have since I last posted: lost our gainful employment, gained gainful employment and had major car repair(s). Add to that numerous painful injuries sustained while trying to teach several friends the finer points of rappelling at a local abandoned quarry (a sport, I am giving some thought to giving up) and the occasional impromptu bar fighting demonstration.

Thank God, at least I have major medical. I am currently working 3 part time jobs for a average of over 70 hours a week, covering a 12 county area, which I might add has cut into my extracurricular actives, granted not has much as My Flower would like.

I still enjoy teaching modern interpretive dance at the youth center and running SWAT sniper courses for Latin American Law Enforcement agencies, in my spare time I knit socks for soldiers and read to the blind (often cutting edge Swiss post modern works, in the original German dialect that I speak with a heavy Amish accent).

On the good news side of life, I am told my broken ribs are now healed and I removed the stitches from my ear, which was partially ripped from my head two weeks ago, but that’s a story for another time and one, truth be know my wife tells better. My Flower got a great government job helping with the redistribution of wealth and on the plus side she really enjoys her comrades at the collective.

I borrowed money from my formerly lucrative retirement plan before the market crash, which paid for a wild night in Havana (The city of Havana, Illinois)as My Flower and I celebrated 12 years of co-habilitation bliss. …and at least we are not living in the out-lands of a Reservation.

Your Seasonal Recipe of the Week:

Uncle JQP’s Sentry Soup:

1 48 qz Jar of Randall’s Deluxe Pinto Beans
1 48 qz Jar of Randall’s Deluxe Northern Beans
1 48 qz Jar of Randall’s Deluxe Mixed Beans
4 tbp of Sorghum Molasses
1 large red onion diced
3 cups of strong black coffee, more to taste
2 shots of cheap whisky
1 tsp Red pepper
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp cheap meat tenderizer
6 slices of thick cut bacon, ripped into bite sizes bits

Directions:
Toss it all in a large Crock Pot, stir and let everyone get to know each other. Set on High for 2 hours, low for 4, stir every now and again. Serve with stone ground corn bread, if you don’t know the difference you shouldn’t be making corn bread in the first place. This dear reader is the best use of beans, old coffee and whisky I have found to date.

Today’s Bill:
Claudio:
"Done to death by slanderous tongue
Was the Hero that here lies"
Much Ado About Nothing (V, iii, 3-4)

Quote for the Day:
A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
Baltasar Gracian

I remain much like the metaphorical lost traveler who is you childhood hopes and dreams:

JQP esq.