Thursday, June 07, 2007

Incense, Peppermints and Strawberry Wine:

scard for life
(In adulthood Tiffany never understood her reoccurring dreams about the yellow bicycle trolls. Yes, I work in a growth industry.)

Thought of the Day:
Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche -- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance, my grandmother used to say, 'The black cat is always the last one off the fence.' I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was undoubtedly true. Solomon Short

Folding metal chairs are instrument of Torture:
My ass hurts from sitting in workshops all day. I am at a conference up on the north side of Phoenix the rest of the week. 44 miles away, and it took me two and a half hours to get there this morning, however only 50 minutes to get home. The plus side is the food at this place is kick ass, I ate 4 steaks and two baked potatoes for lunch. JQP loves him some free food.

The workshops are ok; I could have taught two of the four I went to. I felt sorry for the presenters, they had a few deer in the headlights moments in the question department. So I quit asking questions. When ever one does presentation, one must always be prepared for the long sharp knifes.

I haven’t been here long and I ran into several people I had met from different parts of the southwest, so at least I am getting around. They seem to like me, they really like me.

On Reminiscing:
I miss No Love Thursdays, need I say more?

On Other News:
My Flower has been having a shit few weeks at work with a problem employee. The hoops her employer is making her jump through fucking blow my mind. It is really a case of if she were treated like a man; no one would expect her to put up with this shit. Sexism is running rampant. She called me from a public payphone the other day, asking questions about automobile ignition triggering mechanisms and the chemical composition of Semtex.

Poor girl is on edge, just a bit, which of course friends and neighbors makes me on edge. A tornado doesn’t give a shit what is fucks-up if you know what I mean. Back to sleeping with one eye open. The things I do for her career, being the wonderful man that I am.

Today’s Bill:
"I go, and it is done; the bell invites me.
Hear it not, Duncan, for it is a knell
That summons thee to heaven or to hell."
Macbeth (II, i, 62-64)

My Reading for the four weeks:
http://www.amazon.com/Worst-Hard-Time-Survived-American/dp/061834697X
A book about the good old days, well worth the read if you live in the west.
http://www.amazon.com/Year-Merde-Stephen-Clarke/dp/1582345910
Funny shit about living with the French.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=0743226712
It had been on my book shelf to long, it had some good points and stuff I didn’t know.
http://www.amazon.com/Nathan-Bedford-Forrest-Search-Enigma/dp/1589804155
I am glad I never had to fight this fucker, a real life redneck badass and generally disagreeable fucker.
http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/catalog/titledetail.cfm?titleNumber=681101
Speaking of disagreeable fuckers
http://www.amazon.com/Echo-Harry-Bosch-Michael-Connelly/dp/0316734950
I am currently reading this, Connelly is my secret read, I love chewing gum for the mind.

One of the things I always do when I go to other peoples houses I always look at what is on their book shelf (well, there and in their medicine cabinet and underwear drawer). You caqn tell a lot about a person by doing that. Makes me wonder what hypothesis someone would come up with after reading my blog.

Quote of the Day:
A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.
Robertson Davies

I remain your idiot savant of good judgment and style tips:

JQP esq.