Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lame much like Barbaro:

troops in the shit
(My dad started his second tour 40 years ago today. Funny a whole new generation of kids will be able to say that now.)

Thought for the Day:
I asked a man in prison once how he happened to be there and he said he had stolen a pair of shoes. I told him if he had stolen a railroad he would be a United States Senator.
Mother Jones

The Week To-date:
Wednesday, I am spending most of the day on the roads of the greater Phoenix Metropolitan area doing what they pay me to do for a change. One cool thing is I have set it up so I will end up close to home thus get home early.

Why is getting home early important you may ask? Well, Wednesday is my Flower’s annual celebration of her birth, so I have to have the evening planned and set. Sadly, we will not be at the Macedonian Road House with our closest personal friends and camp followers as in years past. This is the life of a shy retired couple (they were quiet people, kept to themselves) here in this barren paradise.

I have to spend most of Thursday on the Reservation. I am looking forward to it. It’s a great chance to see how services are delivered effectively when overseen by tribal, local, county, state government and about a dozen Federal agencies. However, prior to that I am having my 90 day review. I better be evaluated as walking on water.

Friday, I am spending the whole day up in Flagstaff selling Bibles to the locals. After which, I will be joining Mrs. JQP her team of crack media spin artists in a belated (but payday supported) alcohol fueled group defragging of our C Drives.

Like everything else in my life this is subject to change at a moments notice, that’s why I live my life two steps ahead of the rolly polly, “high speed-low drag” are my watch words.

A loss for someone I respect greatly:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10192744

Today’s Bill:
"Not that I lov'd Caesar less, but that I lov'd Rome more."
From Julius Caesar (III, ii, 22)

Quote of the Day:
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions. Albert Einstein

I remain as always, the chef for the hunger of your soul:

JQP esq.