Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ti-Yi Yippy, Muther-Fucker:

Thought for the Day:
Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. Miriam Beard

The Winds of Change:
Let me take you the reader back two weeks. My Flower was sitting at her desk, doing the voodoo that she do, when the phone rang. A gentleman on the other end said, “So, I hear you’re the best at your job in the nation, want to come work for me?”. Thus my story starts.

After a week of contract negations and a few flights, we are moving to the Jewel of the Southwest, Phoenix, Arizona where I will be a kept man and able to finally write the great American novel.

Currently we are looking for movers, trying to sell a house in this shitty market, and looking for a place to live. Not to mention, I have to find a job since I am leaving my lucrative career in Bible Sales and Salt Mine Operations. So, if you know anyone in the Phoenix area, warn them.

Plus any ideas on moving across country in general or Phoenix in particular are most welcome, oh and tips on traveling with pets (I want to put the hounds down but she wont hear of it, women…). I have two weeks to get this shit all sorted out and be there. So, pray for us or sacrifice a goat/chicken what ever it is you do. It’s been kind of a mind fuck.

Quote of the Day:
Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.
The Dhammapada

JQP