Friday, January 27, 2006

…the egg of the phoenix

I love tennis
(I am starting to love tennis)

Thought for the Day:
The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
William James

NLT Re-Cap:
It's easy for me, I didn’t go. I blame my shoddy attendance on the following factors: a new found respect for my liver, to much time on the road and most telling a lack of disposable income. I instead slept the sleep of angels for a total of 14 hours, thusly I woke this morn feeling like a new man. I trust my esteemed peers soldiered on with out my guidance and biter caustic comments.

Today:
Meetings till 1:30 then I am thinking about playing dead. My pretty flower is working till 7:00, so I might go out for a beer with Pastor Bob. All my best to your and yours this weekend.

tray guy

Your Drinks for the Weekend:

Ulster Sunset:
Drink Ingredients:
1/2 oz. Lemon Juice
1 dash Bitters
1/2 oz. Gin
1 oz. Irish Whiskey
1 1/2 oz. Scotch

Instruction:
In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine all of the ingredients. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass.

Four Horsemen at a Bull Fight:
Drink Ingredients:
1/4 oz. Jack Daniel's
1/4 oz. Jose Cuervo Tequila
1/4 oz. Johnny Walker Red Label
1/4 oz. Jim Beam
Red Bull

Instruction:
Pour, fill with Red Bull, salt rim and garnish with lemon and lime.

An Irish joke for a Friday:
An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says, "Sir, have you been drinking?"

"Just water," says the priest.
The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?"

The priest looks at the bottle and says,
"Praise Jesus! He's done it again!"

Today’s Bill:
"I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fix'd and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament."
--From Julius Caesar (III, i, 60 – 62)

Quote of the Day:
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.
Nelson Mandela, 'A Long Walk to Freedom'

I remain, the pebble in your shoe of life:

JQP esq.