Friday, December 16, 2005

Finding Funding to do the Lord's Work:

odd chap

Thought for the Day:
The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.
Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance, Act 3

Tomorrow is the Big Game:
USF logo
USF vs. Carroll College, 1:05 p.m., Sat., Dec. 17. The National Title and this year it will be ours, ours alone. The Cougars will tackle Carroll College (Helena, MT) after the top-ranked Fighting Saints ousted fourth-ranked Sioux Falls (S.D.) 55-0. CC is pursuing a fourth consecutive national title.

CC edged USF 15-13 in the 2004 title game. "We came into this season intent on doing whatever it takes to get it done because it really hit us hard last year to come so close," USF quarterback Chris Bramell said. "It's just fitting that we're going to play Carroll again. It's such a good feeling to know we're back, that we're going back, that we've earned another shot to prove we can win the national title."

Your Album of the Week:
disturbingalbumcover6

Re-Cap of NLT:
Please feel free to check out Tiny over at http://www.secondgradeonline.blogspot.com/ for your re-cap of last nights meeting and many thanks to the great man for posting on this our weekly event, while I am busy doing what someone really pays me to do.

busy at work
The Albatross around my Neck:
With any luck, I hope to be done with my grants today, finished, completed, out the door. Then the waiting begins, waiting to see if the state will buy what I am selling. Truth be known, with the current ruling junta I am not to sure if I will bring in any of them. However the 80 plus hour weeks ending is something to look forward to.

I don’t think I am coming to work next week. Old JQP needs some downtime. Hell, I didn’t even realize it was Christmas next week until yesterday. I hope to be able to once again, share with you my imaginary friends the people, places and events that make-up my action packed world of fun and frivolity.

tray guy

Cocktails for the Week:

M. Chamberlain, Newspaper Man’s “Deadline” Cocktail
Drink Ingredients:
1 tsp. Grenadine
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
3/4 oz. Rum
1 tsp. Triple Sec
3/4 oz. Brandy

Instruction:
Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.

BBG’s "Middle Eastern Suprise" Cocktail
Drink Ingredients:
1/2 Jagermeister
1/2 Gin

Instruction:
Layered with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Tastes surprisingly good in spite of the list of contents, After several we folded our tents and stole off into the night..

Todays Bill:
SONNET 125
Were 't aught to me I bore the canopy,
With my extern the outward honouring,
Or laid great bases for eternity,
Which prove more short than waste or ruining?
Have I not seen dwellers on form and favour
Lose all, and more, by paying too much rent,
For compound sweet forgoing simple savour,
Pitiful thrivers, in their gazing spent?
No, let me be obsequious in thy heart,
And take thou my oblation, poor but free,
Which is not mix'd with seconds, knows no art,
But mutual render, only me for thee.
Hence, thou suborn'd informer! a true soul
When most impeach'd stands least in thy control.

Quote of the Day:
Morality is herd instinct in the individual.
Friedrich Nietzsche

I remain, the wet spot on the chinos of your soul:

JQP esq.