Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Old-Posts for Ash Wed.

Since I am going to be hung-over and in a training all day with the judges followed by being the best catholic I can be for the day, here is a re-post. I still dont know what I am going to give up for Lent, but I do know it will suck...

Posted for the Frist time on Wednesday, October 13, 2004

As requested on Oct. 13, 2004

On Self-Examination:
No, I am not talking about checking for breast cancer or lumps on my testies. A comment that was made about my recent postings by an avid fan, who agrees with my every view (He will just crap when he reads that), the subject of my increased use of foul language was addressed, and after some thought on the matter, I have decided to take his words under advisement.

Perhaps it is easier to just cuss about the many things that cross my path each day, rather than search for the right combination of words.As a result, for the next seven days, starting at 12:00am Oct. 13, I will not use any cuss-words, nope on foul language.

Truth be know, I didn’t realize how many parents out there print this off and read it to their children before bed. I feel it is my duty to those families to further explore the English language in an effort to express my well reasoned views, on many of the things that effect us as citizens of this global village (and after all, isn’t that what we all are, a global village, and doesn’t it take a village to raise a child, and a republican to cut taxes to the rich, thus maintaining the un-equal playing field we all know and love, between the haves and the have nots?).

…and yes, dear reader, I know there is a presidential debate tonight, I didn’t say this was going to be easy.

On Religion:
What’s more, I will make an honest effort to go to Mass this Sunday. Mass yes, Confession no, (yes, I am one of those smorgasbord Catholics, picking and choosing). That and the last time I went it took four hours and involved foot-rubs and a lot of hugging. I miss the days when we were afraid of our priests, but for very different reasons.On what am I reading:Well, I am finished with the Crimean War history.

So, I have started a book on Russia from 1900 to 1917, its done by Lincoln, who I have not read since the cold war. Now that communism is mostly dead, I thought it was an unfashionable enough undertaking, it was either that or Mao (hey they were in the book a buck bin, and I am tight). And for bathroom reading I am still on Bill Clinton’s auto-biography, (why do ex-presidents feel compelled to write, dry, dry, dry). I am however still actively engaged in my hobby of the translation of comic books (DC Comics mostly) into Laotian.

On what I am listening to:
Well, here is a odd twist, my most recent selections in a heavy play rotation include: Warren Zevon’s works from the 70’s, Frank Zappa’s works from the 60’s (exp: Hot Rats, you got to love the Capt. Beefheart vocals on “Willie the Pimp”), John Coletrain (Blue Notes), and a Gregorian Chant CD, someone gave me.

Don’t worry, Canned Heat, is never far from my mind.However, at the seedy bars and roadhouses that I frequent (where the low-people are). I still enjoy hearing anything from the song books of the following: AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd (Ronny was a poet-sage), Johnny Cash (yes, like many of you, I still morn) and Dean Martin.

Feedback:
I trust I have addressed the comments that were made to myself both in person (and if you are reading this, yes, it did leave a bruise) and via electronic mail. Many thanks to you my loyal fans, Oh! and congrats to the Sugar-Plum-Fairy on the new piercing, it showed up nicely in the photo you sent!

And todays Quote:
Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.Sir Winston ChurchillBritish politician (1874 - 1965)