Friday, November 12, 2004

On the Road to Indy

Many of you know the State Police stoped by the manor this week to tell me that Mitch Daniels people want to meet me in their bunker complex under downtown Indy.

I am one step ahead of them, signs and slogans won’t cut it this time. Yep, full of gunpowder and piss today. Don't worry, its to soon for them to take me out, the last attempt didnt work, and it would be to public now.

Quote of the Day:
The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty.
Eugene McCarthy, Time magazine, Feb. 12, 1979US politician (1916 - )

Todays Poem:
A Dream Within A Dream
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown awayIn a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seemIs but a dream within a dream.
I stand amid the roarOf a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my handGrains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creepThrough my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not graspThem with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not saveOne from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seemBut a dream within a dream?
Edgar Allan Poe

Today’s Bill:
SONNET 149
Canst thou, O cruel! say I love thee not,
When I against myself with thee partake?
Do I not think on thee, when I forgot
Am of myself, all tyrant, for thy sake?
Who hateth thee that I do call my friend?
On whom frown'st thou that I do fawn upon?
Nay, if thou lour'st on me, do I not spend
Revenge upon myself with present moan?
What merit do I in myself respect,
That is so proud thy service to despise,
When all my best doth worship thy defect,
Commanded by the motion of thine eyes?
But, love, hate on, for now I know thy mind;
Those that can see thou lovest, and I am blind.

Today’s Phrase:
buy a fucking vowel
Phrase borrowed (more or less) from TV's "Wheel of Fortune", indicating disrespect for someone's mental abilities. Since generally the contestants on Wheel aren't exactly Einstein, telling someone to buy a fucking vowel is about equivalent to "Get a clue, moron!"
You think the War on Drugs is working? Buy a fucking vowel!President Bush wants to help the middle class, eh? Maybe he should buy a fucking vowel with his family fortune.


Hung-over still, I remain:

JQP