Monday, October 04, 2004

gee, John how was your weekend?

So, how was my weekend you ask?

Friday
Well, I took a nap after work that ended up lasting 4 hours, I then fixed myself a
a cup of lentil soup, and sat down with a good book (well, it really isn’t a good book, I got it from Hyde Brother’s Book store, (http://www.hydebros.com/bookswanted.htm) in their “almost free pile”, however now at chapter 32, I think I am more knowledgeable about the Crimean War then most of the fellow residents of my inter-city neighborhood, so much for Friday).

Saturday
I went shopping at four different groceries, spending 80.00 and saving around 140.00 (yes, I am one of those ass-holes who will drive all over town to save ten cents), however I now find myself in possession of many things I will never or seldom use (four bottles of Capers, what the hell am I going to do with that?).

I then spent the rest of the afternoon baking my world famous “Green Tomato Pies”. I made 9 of them and then a few soon to be famous hot pepper pies, (neither of which should be confused with my “Super Secret Cougar Sausage Slaw” **trademark pending). Sorry, no rib pies.

Later on that night, the beautiful and lovely Mrs. John Q. Public was able to tear herself away from her self imposed exile in the rock and roll lifestyle to join myself and a few close personal friends for some fermented hops and pickled cabbage at a local roadhouse on the unfashionable side of the city. We found ourselves leaving the company of friends around midnight and off to slumber.

Sunday
Skipped Mass again, I wonder how many times you can skip before they revoke your catholic card. Mrs. Public slept for 20 hours, and after accidentally taking her “headache medicine” I found myself sitting in front of the TV drooling while watching back to back episodes of Bonanza. Needless to say, I believe I turned in early as well, since I found myself still in the upright position this morning, while the magic of vacuum storage solutions was explained on channel 28

This brings me to today, on the road at 5 am, to drive 3 hours to talk to people for 30 minutes, and then back. You ever notice that every road you have to take out in the middle of no-where has two lanes, is under-construction, and that you are just in time for every school bus in the state? A metaphor of my life, I ask?

By request this was just a glimpse into and normal weekend for a normal kind of guy. Now, dont you wish you would not of asked? I wonder why do we ask stuff like that?

You ever notice that when you start to tell people how you weekend was, they cut in, and tell you about theirs? Its like a contest, wow, you should of been with me/us we had a blast, or... god, you think your weekend sucked, check out what happened to me/us..., I mean come on, give it a fucking break.

Oh, and if one more fucking person says at some point in a converstation "...at the end of the day" I am going to bite their fucking nose off, so if you run into folks with taped up noses, know that there is a good chance they mis-spoke in front of me and they are prone to useing old worn out speach patterns last trendy when the Spice Girls were a un-stopable pop force. and yes, I am a bit moody today, thank-you